Motion Detection in Gosafe 200 & Gosafe Lora/381

Dylon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello All,

Ive recently been playing around with both the Gosafe 200 and Gosafe Lora/381.

I noticed that the motion detection is terrible, in the sense that I can stand in front of my car and wave my arms and the cameras will not detect this motion.

It only seems to detect motion once its halfway past my hood, towards the windshield, which is obviously of no use.

Would anyone else be able to chime in on their experience with the Motion detection? I am very disappointed as this was a major feature for me.

As per the manufactures wesbite:

-------------------------------
Motion Detection
LORA will detect when there is movement in front of the camera while your car is parked and begin recording until it does not detect any movement for a set amount of time. Protect your vehicle at all times.
-------------------------------

So my issue is, what good is motion sensing if you need to be up close, literally on top of the hood in order for it to activate.

Well the motion detection is a big feature. I would like to get other owners of either of these cameras (as they are the same, 381 is exclusive to bestbuy & has some additional warning features), to advise if they experience the same lack of detection from the camera. Or if perhaps I am doing something wrong.

the CMOS sensor is limited in how much change it can detect, in some situations it will work better but it's not by any means a foolproof solution, just telling it like it is

I suppose the alternative is to have it loop recording at all times. Waste of power/memory space in my opinion but I would like to have all footage captured.

This "CMOS" sensor, can the sensitivity be adjusted via software?

I suppose the alternative is to have it loop recording at all times. Waste of power/memory space in my opinion but I would like to have all footage captured.

saves memory space, power consumption is the same either way though

This "CMOS" sensor, can the sensitivity be adjusted via software?

yes it could be, finding a balance is difficult as you may find it then just records at the slightest change in which case you may as well leave it running

there's a bit of reading here which gives some insight into how the motion detection works based on changes detected by the sensor http://www.cctv-information.co.uk/i/Video_Motion_Detection

Back