Motion Detection on Normal/Driving Mode and Frequency Function

subZERO.x264

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Anyone knows what "Motion Detection" on Normal/Driving Mode and "Frequency" function?
I know what motion detection on Parking Mode for, but don't understand the purpose of it on normal mode.

Motion detection for normal driving is not usually recommended, but some people like it. If enabled, then the camera will only record when it sees something moving, such as when you start driving. You can hardwire the camera to be always-on, then in theory it will record all the time you are driving, and also if it sees any movement when you are parked. However motion detection can be unreliable, so it may not record continuously all the time you are driving, especially if you sit at a set of lights for a long time.

The frequency function relates to the 50Hz or 60Hz mains power wherever you are in the world. The intention is to eliminate flicker when recording video under artificial light.

Motion detection for normal driving is not usually recommended, but some people like it. If enabled, then the camera will only record when it sees something moving, such as when you start driving. You can hardwire the camera to be always-on, then in theory it will record all the time you are driving, and also if it sees any movement when you are parked. However motion detection can be unreliable, so it may not record continuously all the time you are driving, especially if you sit at a set of lights for a long time.

The frequency function relates to the 50Hz or 60Hz mains power wherever you are in the world. The intention is to eliminate flicker when recording video under artificial light.

Oww, okay. Not so useful I think, better leave it off as while driving 99% around will be moving, not to mention the "unreliable" matter.
Well noted for the frequency thing, I will try testing it one by one to see the difference later on.

Thanks.

Anyone knows good video software that can mark or split motion detected video? As I can't get motion detection on dash cam to work properly and forced to use normal parking mode recording, this kind of software will be really helpful to save times searching for certain event in long and dull video.

Anyone knows good video software that can mark or split motion detected video? As I can't get motion detection on dash cam to work properly and forced to use normal parking mode recording, this kind of software will be really helpful to save times searching for certain event in long and dull video.

Relevant discussion in this thread:

Relevant discussion in this thread:

Thanks, will check it out

Before most of dash cam just use the motion detection for parking mode.
Now some dash cams moved these options under parking mode setting.

We plan to save the motion parking files to a separate folder in the future firmware update.

Before most of dash cam just use the motion detection for parking mode.
Now some dash cams moved these options under parking mode setting.

We plan to save the motion parking files to a separate folder in the future firmware update.
That's great news, will be waiting for that update :)

Back