motion detection parking mode not working, camera contentiously recording !...

jomanjee

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
the A129 DUO (dual channel) i have is contentiously recording 24x7 despite having the car parked over night, currently am running the cam through a 20,000 mAh USB powerbank, i tried time-lapse mode and it is working just fine in parking mode, why not motion detection ?!?... i monitored the cam for sometime while parked but the upper left icon is showing a car with a DVR which means its in normal recording mode, before you ask, my car is parked in a garage with just 6 cars and BOTH front and rear cams are facing the non moving objects (wall up front and my second car at the back!) and absolutely nothing in sight that triggers motion since i live in a remote area,

note: there are no led neither in my car nor in the parking garage i just checked that !...

last night the camera managed to fill 100 GB of continuous over night and day time recording data and looking through time stamps its pretty much continuous ! absolutely no movements on the cams, or maybe its just ghosts !...

can someone comment how to get motion detection to work normally when i park the car ?

settings screenshots attached...

thanks,

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20190930-144204_VIOFO_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20190930-144204_VIOFO_LI.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20190930-144144_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20190930-144144_VIOFO.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20190930-144158_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20190930-144158_VIOFO.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20191001-162118_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20191001-162118_VIOFO.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Are you concerned about card space or how many hours you get from the power bank?

Are you saying that your A129 switches to time lapse parking mode OK after 5 minutes running off the powerbank, but does not switch to auto event detection mode at all?

Can you try a different powerbank, or run the camera indoors from a USB charger, to see if that makes it work?

Are you saying that your A129 switches to time lapse parking mode OK after 5 minutes running off the powerbank, but does not switch to auto event detection mode at all?

Can you try a different powerbank, or run the camera indoors from a USB charger, to see if that makes it work?

Yes, sorry for the confusion, my main concern is that motion detection parking mode doesnt seem to work or triggered despite having the car parked (0 movement) and powered on with a power bank, i tried time lapse in parking mode and it is working absolutely flawless !! motion detection doesnt seem to get triggered while parked, can anyone assist with this plz coz motion detection parking mode seems useless pretty much ATM !...

When you select 'time lapse' parking mode, the camera enters parking mode correctly
When you select 'auto event detection' parking mode, the camera does not enter parking mode?

Sorry - I can't think of any logic that would cause one parking mode to start but not another. Perhaps @viofo or @CaptureYourAction or @BCHobbyist can help?

Are you running firmware V1.9? If so, did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu after updating? I would also press the reset button on the side of the camera after defaulting the cameras settings. If you didn't do both of these things, I would do that, then try Auto Event Detection.

Are you running firmware V1.9? If so, did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu after updating? I would also press the reset button on the side of the camera after defaulting the cameras settings. If you didn't do both of these things, I would do that, then try Auto Event Detection.

well, i updated the FW yesterday and things look promising, i was on an outdated FW maybe 1.2 or 1.3, ill keep u posted tomorrow guys if this worked ill be really happy !...

update: finally, after updating from 1.2 to 1.9 all issues are fixed ! :)

Last edited:
Back