Motion Recording won't stop in parking mode

karim174

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000
Hi guys!

When I get in my car I have over 10 motion recording events always.. when going into the files .. I can see that my dash cam is always recording continuously and it doesn't stop. It does go in to parking mode yes, and I can confirm the ACC is off on those footages.

Note: I also had a "memory card error, dashcam will restart" message last week twice

Can anyone help please?

are you sure it's not on time laps ?
also, format the card
if that doesn't help and if it's not the card that came with the camera, then try the original one.

Thats the problem with motion detect, a fly flying by and it will go off, motion detect are the most unpopular parking guard mode.

I have smart AI motion detect on the CCTV camera i have on my car, so only something vehicle or human shaped will set off a notification, and as the camera are on my 2 floor balcony door and so i have a 45 degree down aim at the car, well i have nothing in the background that could set off a event, so i just get 1 - 2 events daily from a person walking close by my car ( i am zoomed in on the car too ) or a vehicle within the 1M or so h have to the side of the car.

But even in a dashcam smart AI motion detect would not work due to the more flat angle, so there will probably often be a person or a vehicle moving in the distance.
My preferred parking guard more are always record low bitrate + having G- sensor on to lock actual events,,,,, the low bitrate are not treated as event footage so when it is the oldest on the memory card it will get deleted just like regular footage.

Downside is always record dont give any indication on when things have happened, so any dents on the car and you will have to see them yourself, and then go ASAP to retrieve / find the footage that is relevant.

Regular footage ( 1080p ) are 350 MB for 3 minute of driving, low bitrate footage when parked are 128 MB for 3 minutes of parking.

I assume while in Parking Mode, Thinkware allows you to lower the sensitivity settings of motion-detection as well as the portion of your front & rear screen that detects motion so that you are not regularly catching a flag or treetops moving in the distance as "motion events". Blackvue provides these settings; I would assume Thinkware does as well.

There's no way I would use a dashcam that requires me to physically check all over my car everyday for damage. I tried that for a little while with another dashcam. That would get old real fast!

Hi guys!

When I get in my car I have over 10 motion recording events always.. when going into the files .. I can see that my dash cam is always recording continuously and it doesn't stop. It does go in to parking mode yes, and I can confirm the ACC is off on those footages.

Note: I also had a "memory card error, dashcam will restart" message last week twice

Can anyone help please?

With a wired in dashcam it is designed to record when acc power is off so it sounds like it's working correctly.

Check the settings for parking mode.
Turn it off in the software and see if that stops it.

Motion detection parking mode can be very sensitive for these high end Korean dash cams. One rationale is that the dash cam would rather capture something than potentially miss out on something.

Like others have mentioned, even very small movements can trigger motion detection. This even includes flickering of lights (IE. a vehicle's security lock light).

Try adjusting the motion sensitivity level to the lowest possible in the settings.

The camera has been fine but just very recently it will continue to record permanently and would not stop so it is obvious something has gone wrong.. do you think memory card issues would cause problems like this?

Personally I do not like to use motion recording and I prefer to leave it on energy-saving mode to use with my radar... But this turns of the the cloud features so I am forced to use the motion or time lapse in order to view live footage/cloud ... If only thinkware updated the firmware to enable this that would be perfect!

The camera has been fine but just very recently it will continue to record permanently and would not stop so it is obvious something has gone wrong.. do you think memory card issues would cause problems like this?

Do you mean it's recording in continuous mode and does so until your vehicle's battery is dead?

Do you mean it's recording in continuous mode and does so until your vehicle's battery is dead?
Yes exactly.. it would stay in continuous recording until dead battery

Hm, and nothing has changed since you started this thread last week in terms of installation, settings, etc.? Parking mode was working, and now just isn't?

Do check your settings to ensure parking mode is enabled, and that the cables + fuses you connected are still intact and not loose.

My first U1000 was defective and would do the same thing. As a matter of fact it would record in all available modes when parked and would drain my celllink neo in less than two days when parked plus fill up my sdcard.

Back