Motion sensor while the dash cam is plugged in to the power connector?

Emanuel Edberg

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi guys!

I just bought a Rollei CARDVR-200 today here in Sweden because they (retailers) said it had Motion Sensor, which means I can have it in the car during the night, the problem is that it only seems to work to have the Motion Sensor running while it's on battery power, not connected with 12v power.
Does anyone know a dash cam with motion sensor that will work while it's connected to the 12v cigarette lighter charger?

Best regards from ice cold Sweden.

most will work at any time when powered, ideally for permanent power you don't want a camera with a battery anyway, that said not all motion detect works well, particularly at night

most will work at any time when powered, ideally for permanent power you don't want a camera with a battery anyway, that said not all motion detect works well, particularly at night
Hey, thanks for the answer!

Yeah, that was my idea of it as well, but not this one for some reason, this one only work the motion sensor while camera is on battery mode...

Stupid question, but how did you arrive at this conclusion ?
Well, there is a small icon at the top, which is white, which means it's ready to use when I turn of the charger, and when I do turn of the charger, there is a pop-up saying Activate Motion Sensor or turn off the system, and when I turn on, and move something in front of the camera, it is working. And it is not working while it has the white one, only when it turns green which means it's activated and ready to use.

I haven't well understood your message, but the dashcam (even if it's connected to the car charger) must remain powered ON when using "Motion Detection"; it will start recording once a movement is detected and then, after a period of time, it will stop recording. Pay attention not have some setting which doesn't take into account this option and shuts down the camera after a period of time if it doesn't record.
If you have a "Parking Option" you can shutdown the camera completely; it will automatically power ON and start recording next time a shock is detected.

the problem is that it only seems to work to have the Motion Sensor running while it's on battery power, not connected with 12v power.
I am guessing your problem is due to your 12v power coming from the cigarette lighter plug turns off when the vehicle is shut off. No power=No camera. Running from the battery.. means it is on all the time and your motion sensor can work as designed.

Back