Motorbike Cam

cinders

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Any recommendations for a motorbike cam. I'm looking for one I could mount at the front and rear of the bike, not a helmet cam.

cinders said:
Any recommendations for a motorbike cam. I'm looking for one I could mount at the front and rear of the bike, not a helmet cam.

there's an Italian company that has announced one but not released yet, pretty much anything else you will find is sport cam based for motor racing etc

I would say there is no decent (money wise) moto dashcam just yet. It's an open market and I hope someone will fill it.

drh said:
I would say there is no decent (money wise) moto dashcam just yet. It's an open market and I hope someone will fill it.

it's something I've been looking into, it's a gaping hole in the market right now, have a lot of other stuff on right now though but there's an opportunity there I think

problem the vibration of motorcycle most them kills any camera at long time.

camera will need be dust , rain and vibration proof.

i used has a motorcycle few years ago.
XudGuFg.jpg

before i crashed and totaled it close killed my self duo a driver cross red Slight.

i wish get motorcycle again in future but ... there was no laws at Brazil streets. :(

on topic , during my bike days i mostly used Helmet cam duo Vibration of motorcycle killed 2 cams i put on...
Mono-OffRoad bikes Are trebble

actually the camera mounts are the most challenging part, everything else is not all that hard to deal with

jokiin said:
actually the camera mounts are the most challenging part, everything else is not all that hard to deal with

multiple adapters

For Sport´s
RLORzdJ.jpg

For Bar´s
my hand made one , i will post pictures when i find him

major problem in my opinion is this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

a colleague uses a Midland XTC 300 for his moto.
He needs a cam with 60fps (at high speed 30fps is to slow he claimed :cool: ).
I have seen some videos, really good quality, but as always: it was a clean sunny day, no idea how the image is when rainy or in low light condition.
But at a rainy day use a car or keep at home :D :D :D .

Regards

Midland XTC 300 by Amazon

GoPro Hero 3 is the leader in sports / action cameras and they have wide range accessories ( brackets )
In near future would be available Action / Dash cams delivering 1080p / 120fps, 720p / 240fps thanks to new Ambarella A9 chip

http://www.radiolocman.com/news/new.html?di=146747

niko said:
GoPro Hero 3 is the leader in sports / action cameras and they have wide range accessories ( brackets )
In near future would be available Action / Dash cams delivering 1080p / 120fps, 720p / 240fps thanks to new Ambarella A9 chip

possible

GoPro Hero 3 uses Ambarella A7 so it´s a Step goes to A9

GeorgesNJR said:
niko said:

possible

GoPro Hero 3 uses Ambarella A7 so it´s a Step goes to A9

I'm sure GoPro has been a driving force in the development of the A9 chipset, they account for a huge amount of Ambarella's business, feature wise I think it's more sport cam centric (as expected) and not too relevant to dashcams, at this stage at least, some of the features here might feed down to an automotive specific version at a later date though as we have seen with the A7 to A7L-A

I'd love a device that would enable me to keep the DVR under the seat and attach a cam at the front and a cam at the rear. I'd prefer something that was always on the bike, but installed properly, so it's hard to steal.

cinders said:
I'd love a device that would enable me to keep the DVR under the seat and attach a cam at the front and a cam at the rear. I'd prefer something that was always on the bike, but installed properly, so it's hard to steal.

that I feel is the best way to go about it

Back