Mount for 6x Mobius, Innovv, Dimika side by side test in car

could just imagine if there was an incident and you were able to produce 7 different versions of the event for your insurer :)

Unless Niko should end up causing a fender bender while fiddling around with all those dash cams. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll leave that to the Korean cameras with their convenient one touch format buttons

Probably a good idea and of course, I wasn't being serious. Interestingly though, one of the unsaid things about dash cams is that they can keep the driver from misbehaving as much as anyone else outside the vehicle. But I don't wish to derail Niko's DIY thread any further, so perhaps discussion along these lines should be the subject of another thread.

I'll leave that to the Korean cameras with their convenient one touch format buttons

Thats where encrypted or locked with password video recordings would be great idea in future dashcameras.

could just imagine if there was an incident and you were able to produce 7 different versions of the event for your insurer :)

Thats a good idea. Its the same like giving evidence in court: the more witnesses - the more alibi for you. Same with dashcams :p

With below "monstrosity" I was scaring off locals 2 month ago :). Still didnt had time to put together files from all 6 dashcams. Will try to do short 6x cam side by side clip soon, but of course for many dashcams test wouldnt be countable any more because of FW changes .Still for fun I will post test soon in other thread.

2013-11-30 19.07.59.jpg

Thats where encrypted or locked with password video recordings would be great idea in future dashcameras.
I think password is a great idea. This way if a thief steals your car, he can't trace it back to your house.

I think password is a great idea. This way if a thief steals your car, he can't trace it back to your house.
Considering data amount in transfer it would be massive processing power requirement! lets say encryption methods, that most are quite easily cracked is off the table, the only option is along the lines of BitCrypt or TrueCrypt technology was using 99of Dual core 2.2ghz CPU for about 1hr for 1 GB...
Good idea, hardly workable though, as anyone of interest would have idea in accordance to unit hardware as how it is encrypted to de'crypt.

Since this discussion began with my little joke about the concept of being able to quickly erase a video in the event that a dash cam owner was the cause of an incident, it is interesting to consider where this technology might go in the future if and when dash cams, with or without locked or encrypted files become commonplace. What are the odds that jurisdictions will pass laws and there would be court cases and police warrants demanding that people unlock and hand over videos for evidence?

Maybe an emergency erase feature would be better than a file access locking feature after all? Then again, it could be entirely possible sometime in the future that erasing a video of an incident could become illegal.

Last edited:
Then an ability to instantly upload the file would be better. So if a cop realized he was wrong, being filmed and confiscated the camera you would still have the footage.

Then an ability to instantly upload the file would be better. So if a cop realized he was wrong, being filmed and confiscated the camera you would still have the footage.

You have a good point but I think bandwidth and upload times could be problematic.

Maybe what is needed is the trope from the original 1960s Mission Impossible TV series, "This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Jim." :cool:

tape.jpg

Back