Mount to Cam Magnet

Andrew Clough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jeez that's a strongun!

Is there any easier way to detach the cam from the mount without having to re position the cam when you re attach it the next time after the struggle?

Unfortunately not, I think the 312, 412 etc were a lot easier to mount/dis mount as it slid on & off

..... and even then it was impossible to dismount mount without having to realign

Ah well, thanks for the replies, I was hoping there would be some 'knack' to it.

At least it's easy to re align it and the mount doesn't wobble about all over the shop like the 612GW did.

This is one of the reasons why I've gone back to using my 612 up front and 312 at the rear, they're so much easier to remove when parked up.

Hello I have just had one fitted at Halfords and the fitter said when you get home charge it for 2 hours but I can't get the camera off?
Nextbase 322 gw
Thank you.

Unfortunately you have to put a little bit of force behind the camera/mount when dis mounting takes abit of practice lol

Hello I have just had one fitted at Halfords and the fitter said when you get home charge it for 2 hours but I can't get the camera off?
Nextbase 322 gw
Thank you.
Hold onto the windscreen part of the mount whilst you pull the Dashcam itself with the other hand and it will just come free.

Thank you all I will try tomorrow and post back if I get it off.

Ha Ha! At least it's not just me then :)

Given how hard it is to get off I may just leave it in there to be honest unless it's going to be parked up for an extended period when I can't keep an eye on it.

Why the 2 series Dashcam and mount sit and look massively more modern on the windscreen than the old 1 series, I still prefer the 1 series cams and mounts, so much easier to remove. Guess if you leave it in permanent this isn't an issue.

Yes, I think with the new lower profile mount as well it's less noticeable - so only can be seen if you are specifically looking for it.

Even then I think if an opportunistic thief tried to take it off they would give it a quick tug and think the mount and cam are all one unit fixed to the windscreen and give up.

Given that I use a Disclock Steering wheel device that stands out like a sore thumb I guess the bad guys tend to see that and move on to easier targets anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H 322GW 19
EvilPraetorian 322GW 24
Back