Mountainbike mounts

NielsD91

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I have a mountainbike with a frame that is not round, but with edges. The standard mount that comes with the SJ6 package doesn't fit the tube. Is there an alternative for this? With a strap or something?

Hi all,

I have a mountainbike with a frame that is not round, but with edges. The standard mount that comes with the SJ6 package doesn't fit the tube. Is there an alternative for this? With a strap or something?

Can you please take a picture for us?

Can you please take a picture for us?

It's more square:

D703002_07.jpg

The mount we provide is actually pretty flexible and you can put cushioning to fill in any gaps. It should work.

The mount we provide is actually pretty flexible and you can put cushioning to fill in any gaps. It should work.

I've tried, but the tube is too large. It's not the upper tube, but the other tube.

I don't know what comes with the SJ6, but some of the flat sticky mounts have strap slots at the side so that you can strap them on a near flat tube, you may or may not need to use the sticky depending on how flat it is and how firm you want it.

I don't know what comes with the SJ6, but some of the flat sticky mounts have strap slots at the side so that you can strap them on a near flat tube, you may or may not need to use the sticky depending on how flat it is and how firm you want it.

Can you give me a photo or link with the product you describe?

Can you give me a photo or link with the product you describe?
On the left, second row, you can see the flat mounts have slots either side for a strap (bottom left) to go through, but these are the SJ5000x Elite accessories, I haven't found a clear image of the SJ6 accessories but it looks like SJCAM may have removed the useful slots!

original-sjcam-sj5000x-4k-sport-action-camera-elite-edition-black.jpg

Yeah, i don't have those slots. :(

Here is the unboxing review btw:

Back