Mounting 0805 other than tape?

EliRDA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0805, some knockoffs, SJCam 5000+ mod - RearView
Okay, as I posted, is there any way to mount this on my front window (or any window) other than using the tape?

I thought I saw someone suggest command tape, the stuff they advertise here in the USA as being removable from walls without leaving residue or leaving damage/marks.

I personally prefer a suction cup mount for when using rental vehicles but the 0805 mount doesnt look like it would work, & I guess command tape if it works is cheap enough.

Any other ideas? It would be going into a ford ranger supercab (2 door not 4) so the screen space is a bit tight as its a smaller truck, not a big honkin truck like a 150 or silverado or ram.

TIA

Okay, as I posted, is there any way to mount this on my front window (or any window) other than using the tape?

I thought I saw someone suggest command tape, the stuff they advertise here in the USA as being removable from walls without leaving residue or leaving damage/marks.

I personally prefer a suction cup mount for when using rental vehicles but the 0805 mount doesnt look like it would work, & I guess command tape if it works is cheap enough.

Any other ideas? It would be going into a ford ranger supercab (2 door not 4) so the screen space is a bit tight as its a smaller truck, not a big honkin truck like a 150 or silverado or ram.

TIA
I use 'industrial Velcro'. This allows the unit to be moved . I am sure others will have different recommendations.

Any other ideas?
3M Dual Lock tape. In my experience it seems stronger then Velcro (I used to Velcro everything)

It allows me to easily switch cameras. I use it on almost all my cameras 0803/0805/0806/0826 included.
You can find it on Amazon here
It can also be found in WalMart cheaper. In my local WalMart it is in the aisle with the paint.
ZSXvpVR.jpg

1LOnFcH.jpg

133GPnW.jpg

x7GVQ1l.jpg

that 3m dula lock tape appears to be the same stuff the state dmv gives us with our ezpasses to mount them in the window. Yeah, that's some strong stuff but easier to remove. I can pick up some & use it in rental cars then remove it before turn in.
I was thinking that command tape but its a pita sometimes.

And yes, my Dad has the industrial Velcro, he uses it when he mounts radios on the boats so the captains have easier access to the mics. The only thing I didn't like is I've seen the glue "wilt" in a lot of sun, or pull loose from sun exposure. But I'm sure there are drawbacks to everything that gets heavy sun exposure, least I'm not in the deep south, texas or Australia 8-P

Thanks you both, I'll hit up wally world tomorrow as I haven't mounted it yet. :cool:

Thanks Goofball, I'm looking into 1 of those, even though it doesnt have gps in it, its still good.

But what I've done for now, I found out that I can not stock mount the mini 805 in my truck as the mount would put the camera looking down at my hood. So while waiting at the doctors yesterday I dug through all my junk & found an old garmin suction mount. Since the gps is pretty much toast I decided to repurpose the mount.
I finally found that dual lock tape, local home grown hardware store had it, 3 of 6 local walmarts didnt, 2 lowes hardware didnt & forget the 1 & only home depot we have.

So, with gps mount in hand I put it in the front window to make sure it would work then cut down the dual tape, 1 pc on the mount, 1 on the minis base. Push together, yup it works so far. Added the camera to the base, replaced it on the mount, yaahhh it works.
Drove home with it, may have caught an ahole passing & almost wrecking 2 cars in front if me. Then I almost creamed a black vulture, or maybe it was a turkey vulture, not sure. All I know is the dang thing almost crashed through my windshield (mutters), sent my families dinner flying in the truck too.

So now, I'm good for the moment, although the supplied cable is giving me radio static, thats in the other thread. So I'll get pictures when it isnt snowing, hopefully this weekend, review to see if anything in the video to post.

Thanks everyone that helped & even those that didnt, its all good. :D

Back