mounting and info readings concerns

Darkcloud

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hi all. Have a question. I mounted my cam on the front windshield of my Toyota Tundra just below and off to the side of the mirror stem. I couldn't mount it any higher because of the factory dotted tinting in the glass behind the mirror. I mounted the GPS unit as far away from the cam as I could. I had to leave about 6 inches of lead in the cord in order to be able to plug it into the cam. The cord is pushed into the head liner.
The problem that I am seeing on my cam reader (Dashcam Viewer) is that the speeds do not match each other. Did I mount this wrong? I know the GPS says to be mounted 70cm away from the cam. However that is not something I could not do. Were cord that comes out of the GPS unit is horizontal to the headliner. Does this have to be turned 90 degrees? Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Darkcloud

Angle doesn't matter. Depending on when you bought yours, the chip inside may or may not be flipped. Takes longer to get a fix if not flipped but AFAIK it doesn't affect the speed being displayed.

Do you have both camera menu settings and dashcam viewer speed unit set to MPH or KPH? The speed is actually converted from standard units the GPS data logs. GPS orientation doesn't matter.

Angle doesn't matter. Depending on when you bought yours, the chip inside may or may not be flipped. Takes longer to get a fix if not flipped but AFAIK it doesn't affect the speed being displayed.

It's been 3-4 years since we first started shipping the window mount type (pre-flipped)

Hi all. Have a question. I mounted my cam on the front windshield of my Toyota Tundra just below and off to the side of the mirror stem. I couldn't mount it any higher because of the factory dotted tinting in the glass behind the mirror. I mounted the GPS unit as far away from the cam as I could. I had to leave about 6 inches of lead in the cord in order to be able to plug it into the cam. The cord is pushed into the head liner.
The problem that I am seeing on my cam reader (Dashcam Viewer) is that the speeds do not match each other. Did I mount this wrong? I know the GPS says to be mounted 70cm away from the cam. However that is not something I could not do. Were cord that comes out of the GPS unit is horizontal to the headliner. Does this have to be turned 90 degrees? Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Darkcloud

@ the speeds do not match each other.

Do you mean your car instrumental cluster speed does not match dashcam displayed speed?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
normm SG9665GC 3
pc00 SG9665GC 1
C SG9665GC 5
steve11 SG9665GC 18
S SG9665GC 18
Back