Mounting close to window?

Kaitlyn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Looking at some of the photos online it seems the ls300w can't really be mounted close to the windshield

Is there a way to get it closer/up against it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Niko,
How do you get the suction cup to get an airtight grip on the black dotted area painted on the windshield? My suction cup falls off after a few seconds, air leaks in around the painted dots. Is your glass smooth there?

Nice that your suction cup is black. Mine is clear plastic which stands out on the windshield like a headlight along with the "chrome" bezel and "IR" bulbs that all shout out "look at me!".

Niko,
How do you get the suction cup to get an airtight grip on the black dotted area painted on the windshield? My suction cup falls off after a few seconds, air leaks in around the painted dots. Is your glass smooth there?

some of them are quite smooth

Niko,

Nice that your suction cup is black. Mine is clear plastic which stands out on the windshield like a headlight along with the "chrome" bezel and "IR" bulbs that all shout out "look at me!".

Original dod suction cup is trully holds strong, even on black dots around mirror. As jokiin mentioned, those dots can be different size, - this also plays role. Dont know about later suction cups on other dod models. Mine was from very first production batch. Maybe at the beginning they added high quality acessories and later to drop price, they started adding cheaper acessories? These are only my suggestions ( speculations ).

E-PRANCE (on eBay) sells an articulated suction cup style mount specifically for the LS300/GT300 for $6.99 USD that will allow you to get the camera pretty close to the windshield. I have one of these I use to mount a GT300 in the rear windshield of a truck and it works quite well. Not sure if it will work on raised sun-visor dots though.

300mount.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K DOD LS300 3
Back