Mounting near top of windshield- Discreet wiring

sam81

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am a complete noob to dashcams and I have a mounting question. I was interested in the CDV300X:

https://dashcamtalk.com/cdv300x/

If you scroll down to the Mounting section, you will notice that the second picture shows a power cable from the mount running into the roof of the car. Is there a power outlet of some type located in that area of the car?

I own two 2015 Hondas so they are fairly new. I'm trying to avoid placing a camera on the dashboard itself and would prefer something up top, but was not sure how to run the power cord discretely. I'll have to search the ceiling of the car when I get to it but was hoping for some guidance on how to discretely run the power cord in that fashion.

I was interested in the CDV300X

Have you bought it yet? This camera is rarely discussed here. It's not popular with members. If you buy it, ensure it's supplied by a USA-domiciled seller from whom you can obtain a full refund if you're not happy with it.

Welcome sam81

Have you bought it yet? This camera is rarely discussed here. It's not popular with members. If you buy it, ensure it's supplied by a USA-domiciled seller from whom you can obtain a full refund if you're not happy with it.

No not yet. I'm still deciding, to be honest.

I prefer something that remains up top, in front of the rear view mirror mounted to the windshield but still trying to determine how to run the power cord in a discreet manner. Running it along the roof lining and pillar trims would mean that I would need a super long cord to ultimately reach the power source in the center console area. Not sure if they come with long power cords.

Thanks everyone, for the welcome messages.

The route along roof lined and down A piller and across / under dashbord to center console is the default route, have not heard of a dashcam with a wire too short to do that.

Even the guys in here driving tractor trailers have not been saying anything, anyway if need be the USB cable powered ones can be extended, and so can the 12 V powered ones that use some size of barrel connector for power.

I am a complete noob to dashcams and I have a mounting question. I was interested in the CDV300X:

https://dashcamtalk.com/cdv300x/

If you scroll down to the Mounting section, you will notice that the second picture shows a power cable from the mount running into the roof of the car. Is there a power outlet of some type located in that area of the car?

I own two 2015 Hondas so they are fairly new. I'm trying to avoid placing a camera on the dashboard itself and would prefer something up top, but was not sure how to run the power cord discretely. I'll have to search the ceiling of the car when I get to it but was hoping for some guidance on how to discretely run the power cord in that fashion.

I just installed a Street Guardian SG9665C in my 2015 Accord EX-L coupe. Here's a quick snapshot of how it was mounted with the power cables tucked under leading edge of headliner, tucked behind A-pillar and run down into fuse box. The GPS antenna is on the left and camera is on the right (the picture doesn't reflect the size accurately, they are a lot smaller).

6e5ed09b02f01baef5ad0ec4331ebe29.jpg

Back