Mounting on window tint

SilverO13

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wanted to know if anyone has done this or what you think about doing this. I saw one picture with one installed on the tint strip on the windshield, but was unsure if it messed up the tint or not. This is the only thing holding me back from buying a cam right now. Thanks.

If you are referring to the tinted strip on the top of the front windshield from the factory, its fine. Unless it is a film that you or someone else installed aftermarket, is not something that will peel off, the color is mixed in with the glass itself during production.

SilverO13 said:
I'm referring to aftermarket tint strip installed.

A suction cup mount should be no issue, an adhesive mount could be a problem if you want to remove it later though

SilverO13 said:
Just wanted to know if anyone has done this or what you think about doing this. I saw one picture with one installed on the tint strip on the windshield, but was unsure if it messed up the tint or not. This is the only thing holding me back from buying a cam right now. Thanks.

Yes, if you mount the DVR onto the aftermarket window tint strip, during removal of the DVR the strong adhesive tape might rip out some of the window tint strip. You need to take note and be extra slow and careful when removing the DVR mount.

Back