Mounting options for the M20

Rocketvapor

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use my M20 (will buy another if they go on sale) for wide angle recording of outdoor and indoor events.
I can get the entire shooting line in the frame at the range or cover most of the VFW hall during events.

I made a magnetic slip mount from a Maxwell house coffee canister, a 1/4"X20 threaded spike (ground level mounting) that can slip into a 28" carbon fiber arrow (with the nock removed) that can slip into the grip of a golf shalf (with the head removed) for higher mounting.
Power on, slap in on a metal surface or stick it in the ground. Sometimes record video, or can do interval photos.
Attached is a video screen shot taken indoors.

M20_Mounting.jpgM20_VFW 1.jpg

Last edited:
Set the M20 out front where we feed the 'Wild Animals' :)
Used the carbon arrow mount.
Connected to a power pack and running video.
Will post results if they turn out OK.Squirrel-Cam.jpg

OK.
Tried 2.7K and the file was massive. Waited and waited for it to upload, then it failed.
So I cut segments out and uploaded in 1080P/30.
Focused by watching on my phone
Lets see if I can attach/link to this.
Look for the ants in the lower left :)

So, a night time video with the M20.
720P porch light and a couple of solar lawn lights.
The daytime shot was uploaded in .MOV, the nighttime shot in MP4

I THINK my Flickr Photostream is accessible from the above video. Just in case anyone has bandwidth to spare :)
I've got a few pictures in albums for my Pentax K-r, Panasonic FZ70, the Mobius Maxi, and the SJCAM M20.

I THINK my Flickr Photostream is accessible from the above video. Just in case anyone has bandwidth to spare :)
I've got a few pictures in albums for my Pentax K-r, Panasonic FZ70, the Mobius Maxi, and the SJCAM M20.

some nice pics there

Back out with the M20 in the yard.
This time on a tripod, Noticed image and shutter latency is about 2 seconds on the phone.
Cropped some of the background out to 2025x 1857. Was about 14 inches from the center of DOF.

Took that one down and edited the color curve a little
42675507954_4a25e4a9d5_o.jpg

Last edited:
Set the M20 back out with a power pack. Really like the WiFi for starting/stopping videos, changing resolution, and snapping pics.
I have almost an hour of video to shop up (no one wants to watch an hour video).
But, that will wait until after my nap.
2 pics, cropped and resized. 2018_0714_104609_014.jpgRaccoon_Daytime_M20.jpg

Set the M20 up at the bird feeder today and let it run. Over 40GB of video :eek:

Camera got pretty hot during the day and developed some hot pixels that went away when it cooled down. Whew.
Got a bunch of tail feathers and fly bys until they got used to the camera being up close.
Some of the cardinals are looking kind of ragged :)Feeder-Movies.jpg2018_0715_164216_008.jpg

Back