Mounting SGGCX2 on GoPro mount

I tried to order the banggood mounts.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 2:57 AM
Subject: order xxxxxxxx
To: streetguardian

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for placing an order on our website.

We regret to inform you that the item in your order is sold out and will not be available again.

Would you like to request a full refund or change the sold out item to another one?

We apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

If we do not receive your reply within 3 days, we will cancel this order for you.

Best regards,

Smile

Apparently, these flat plate GoPro mounts are designed to fit the standard mounting receptacle for NVG (night vision goggles) on tactical military helmets. Sorry to hear that Banggood no longer sells them but they are widely available from other sources.

Amazon has a selection, as does AliExpress. Amazon's pricing seems pretty steep but AliExpress has them for quite a bit less.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=NVG+Mount+Base+Holder+Adapter+for+Gopro

https://www.aliexpress.com/price/mount-nvg-helmet_price.html

Last edited:
Thanks, they shipped 1 of the 2 items at least. I'll get the other half from Amazon to complete the custom DIY part. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07L8SWPXYI just want to try this all out basically and will post results for the fun of it to help others. (even though I don't own a Toyota myself)

Hope it works! :)

Not a good pairing so far. I can barely shove these two pieces together and the holes won’t line up. (Hard to see from photo below bit it’s crooked for sure). It didn’t even include a bolt to hold these together even if they did lineup. I guess each end of these brackets are not as universal as I thought

285b11e6916c261839a5bd45e56f1877.jpg

65888680faa5f24e292e6a5e1bafc923.jpg

6b7978bd1d1f64d5cf21ad1543daf9d0.jpg

Not a good pairing so far. I can barely shove these two pieces together and the holes won’t line up. (Hard to see from photo below bit it’s crooked for sure). It didn’t even include a bolt to hold these together even if they did lineup. I guess each end of these brackets are not as universal as I thought

Really sorry to hear this. Looking again at the Puluz mount on Banggood, I see that no thumb screw is shown in the product photos or mentioned on the page as being included. Apparently, the thumbscrews are sold separately.

As for the slot on the two pieces not fitting together, from the photo it appears that you might be able to make it work by fitting a washer or two in the gap.

I had to press with my full body weight into the table to get it that far. It's not too loose, it's extremely tight.

Is the problem the flat plate or the buckle clip? To be honest, I'm not personally all that familiar with these GoPro slotted mounts so I don't know what looks "normal". Maybe visit a store that sells GoPro brand mounts so you could have a look at some?

You have 2 sockets instead of a socket and a plug, if that makes sense?

I'm not sure which one isn't following whatever standard we are expecting for them to line up. Maybe one of the non-metal ones on Amazon would fit better.

I'm pulling the plug on this experiment, if someone really wants this I think they can continue the trial and error. (*tossing everything in misc mounts bin)

You have 2 sockets instead of a socket and a plug, if that makes sense?
This is what you need to connect those pieces:
s-l640.jpg

This is what you need to connect those pieces:
s-l640.jpg

Cool, I'll order one and try. Could be helpful in the future too with some other project.

You can see where the left-hand part goes past the machined area of the right-hand part. A belt-sander, grinder, or file used on the raduised area of the left-hand part would be a better 'fix' as long as that leaves enough 'meat' there to not break in use. Otherwise with both parts having three interface surfaces, tightening the screw would shove it together on one side which might provide enough friction to hold; only trying would tell.

I do think the idea worth pursuing as long as the solution is simple and within reach of the average person even if they have to involve a friend's workshop for a few minutes.

Phil

Saw this posted in another thread.

759D677A-F663-41EC-B1E7-48EDD950A199.jpeg

Back