Mounting the magnet holder - is this a good idea?

Zbiniek

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
This is my first post in this forum, so first of all I would like to say hello :)

I'm going to buy some dashcam. I read a lot about Viofo A129 and younger brother A129 Pro.

In one of the threads, patrickib user in order to easily mount the handle to the glass, proposed using neodymium magnets -> https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/screen-mounting-silly-question-time.26405/post-372139
It seems to be a great solution, but it concerns a camera without GPS. Getting to the point: can such a magnet significantly affect the operation of the GPS antenna, which is located in the mount?

You might want to use two magnets, one either side of the mount, so that the metal of the magnet does not block the GPS signal.
Normally it is best to use the sticky pad for the A129, unless you really want it portable, and even then I would get an extra mount for normal use my main car.

Thank you, Nigel.

And any of you actually use this method of assembly?
Despite the short internship at DCM, I've already read many threads, but I've only encountered one case of magnet assembly. This may indicate that:
a) or we do not know this method,
b) or this is the wrong way.

It seems to be a great solution, but it concerns a camera without GPS. Getting to the point: can such a magnet significantly affect the operation of the GPS antenna, which is located in the mount?
Magnetic mount does not interfere with the operation of the GPS module.

Welcome to DCT @Zbiniek :)

In 5 years of being on this forum and elsewhere, I've never heard of magnetic mounting a dashcam causing any problems at all. A few of those used some pretty strong magnets too ;)

Phil

Magnets are not a problem. I've had the A119S and the A129 rear camera mounted using the same magnets.

IMG_2489.png

Back