Moving timestamp to bottom corner

Sashko

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I got the Mini 0806 just over a week ago, and installed it a week ago. I've noticed that the timestamp on the footage from my camera shows up at the top left which when it's not dark gets extremely dark to read, yet I've noticed it on the bottom right on a lot of other people's footage from this camera. I couldn't find a setting to change this, so do I need to try another firmware to remedy it? I'm 99% sure I'm on the latest (May 12 2015) firmware, which it came with.‎

It's different to others because you have the camera upside down, currently the only way to get the timestamp moved is to turn it over.

It is on the request list for future firmware updates, but for some reason doesn't seem to be easy to do.

I see. I greatly appreciate the quick response :)

Nigel, as it seems so complicated for mini (I suppose it is blocked in Abarella's hands),

Do you think that you would be able to implement a shadowed font in your FW like the one in movie subtitles ? That could help a lot of users ;-)

I second that. Especially if it's added as an option ;-)

Nigel, as it seems so complicated for mini (I suppose it is blocked in Abarella's hands),

Do you think that you would be able to implement a shadowed font in your FW like the one in movie subtitles ? That could help a lot of users ;-)
That is a good question.

I think a shadowed font would be impossible, however the current fonts are white with a black border and would be a lot easier to read in the sky if the black border was thicker, or if it completely filled the background, would also be easier to read if they were bigger. I'm not sure why they are so small since people who want them want to be able to read them and people who don't will turn them off.

I suspect changing the size would be difficult, but the amount of black border may be possible, there are quite a few posts on the A7 Tool thread about fonts...

However, I have all my overlays turned off, if I want to see the speed or time then I can view it in Registrator Viewer or whatever and can also overlay proper shadowed text at a decent size for speed etc. on the computer using the data from the GPS. Thus I have no real interest in spending time working out how to improve the ones put on by the camera. But if someone wants to work out how to do it and give me some updated files to add to my custom build then I will happily add them.

Back