mSetup.exe doesn't work

lola2001

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, I just bought this dash cam and I'm trying to set it up....wow, complicated! LOL.

Took me forever to locate and download this setup file but everything is greyed out and it says:

"Please connect camera to USB port, #16 must be turned on."

I don't know what that means. I have it plugged into my computer (windows 7) but it never comes up as a removable drive. I've tried pressing the power button to turn it off as the userguide suggests but it still doesn't show up.

Any idea how I can get this to work?

Thanks,

Tried a different USB cable?

Did you buy from an authorized dealer? A lot of fakes getting around

Really? I bought it from Amazon from a company called SpyTec. How would I know if its real? Looks the same as the picture.
I'm not sure I have another of those cables, its bigger than the ones for the cell phone but I will look around. Thanks.

From Spytec will be genuine, when you buy off Amazon it's important to make sure you know which seller as the listings aren't always clear when proceeding to checkout

Anyway try another cable first, try a different USB port also

Check your memory card is good as well, outside of these few things there's not a lot else to go wrong

I don't have another cable but I will get one. I do have a USB stick that has a mini SD slot and the program seemed to recognize that but said it wasn't supported. I tested the card in the camera and it does record...so hopefully the default settings will be fine for now, until I get another cable. Thanks.

... everything is greyed out and it says: "Please connect camera to USB port, #16 must be turned on."

When connecting to PC, ensure that the card is in the Camera & that Mobius is switched off. Try every USB port in the PC, Mobius connects more reliably with USB 2.0 ports. It's possible the supplied cable is faulty, mine developed a fault & was replaced by the seller.

Back