msetup has stopped working

scdigger

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys...have had my Mobius for quite some time, but it's been boxed away. I decided to get it back out and set it up for dash cam use. The msetup software recognizes the camera, but when I click on it to adjust the settings, it get an error message that msetup has stopped working and and it shuts down. So, the software sees the camera, but it won't open and allow adjustment. Is this a known issue that I am just unaware of? Is there a fix? A different interface? Thanks!

Gregmobius.jpg

It's not a known issue but, like with any software, it can happen.
Most likely there's something not quite right with your PC/OS. The program uses a good number of low-level OS APIs and if these don't return as they should, or just take too long, the software will keep waiting. Windows will notice this and bring up the 'Stopped Working' message. I don't know if there is a registry key where you can set the timeout for the message, but if there is, it would be interesting to see if mSetup would work normally if you set a longer timeout.

The first thing I would suspect is a problem with your network connection/installation. For testing, you could disable all the download possibilities in the Tools dialog - remove all 8 check marks in the top group box. Quit the program and then run it again making sure the check boxes are still unchecked.

I have the same problem with mSetup crashing like that. It started to happen after some Windows 10 64bit updates, I think after the Meltdown/Spectre updates.

It seems the problem lies with the older firmware in the camera and how mSetup handles it's tabs content. For older firmware versions not all the options are displayed and tabs looks different. mSetup tries to change the tab contents when you select device with old firmware, but something goes wrong. This is just a guess since that message shows up immediately after selecting Mobius with older firmware and I do not believe there is a different API used for different firmware versions.

The partial solution for me was to upgrade firmware to v2.xx manually. Partial because I prefer older firmware version.

Back