Multi-Endpoint Cable for master/slave linking

ballboy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've found the multi-endpoint cable schematic on the Yi Technologies website (http://open.yitechnology.com/reference.html) and it looks pretty easy but where this schematic uses a 2 core cable they also sell (or did sell) cable tails to make your own multi-endpoint cable but this uses a 3 core cable with the addition of a white one for sync shutter in the place of the red one in the schematic and now the red one is being used for external power (vbus). Looking at a standard schematic I can see that pin 1 is the 5v power. So, my long winded question is this: Do I need to use the 5v? If not, how do I send a 'power on' signal from my master to the 5 slaves? Would pin 2 (the shutter/data) power on/off as well as engage shutter?

You can only use their cables. You can only get these cables sent to the US, and they've not been in stock for ages now. More have been promised but not shown up.

I've tried a few other 7 pin cables off Ali express and so have a few others.. with no success as far as I'm aware.

It's been a real pain that Xiaomi couldn't find a simpler way to get cameras to synchronize, or use a more standard cable.

Back