Multi MicroSD Card Reader

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
I have multiple dashcams in my car and sometimes I want to review or compare footage from a number of cameras at once. My laptop has an SD card reader, 3x USB 'A' and 1x USC 'C' slots. I have plenty of microSD-to-SD adapters, and just one USB microSD reader.

Are there any microSD card readers that can read from more than one card at the same time? I have found some card readers with multiple slots, but they all appear to read only one card at a time.

There are card readers available that will read more than one card at a time but they come with only one Micro SD slot.

For Micro SD's I prefer the tiny single card readers, like the ones supplied by SG with their cameras. My personal favourite is the MobileMate by Sandisk.

There are card readers available that will read more than one card at a time but they come with only one Micro SD slot.

For Micro SD's I prefer the tiny single card readers, like the ones supplied by SG with their cameras. My personal favourite is the MobileMate by Sandisk.
Thanks. I think I will probably end up with 3 or 4 of something like that. I've read some bad reviews about the MobileMate having poor build quality and slow transfer speed?

I currently use this Neoteck USB C / USB A reader which also lets me transfer files OTG to my phone, but it's only USB2.0
1524475034354.png

I have the older (red/black) version of the MobileMate, 5+ years old. Transfer rates were at par with card readers from Transcend and Lexar (I've checked).

The readers that support more than one card at a time will not actually save time as the transfer rate slows down if pulling data from more than one card at a time. So yes, getting individual Micro SD readers is a better approach.

Why not copy the videos to the PC?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Why not copy the videos to the PC?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
When I'm testing a camera or two, I run them up front alongside my A119 as a reference. When it comes to reviewing the video files I will skip forward through a day's footage to find interesting sections where I can compare colour, detail, compression, motion blur etc. I could download the full day's video from each camera first, but I'd rather not if I don't need to. Sometimes all I want to keep is a few sample frames from each day, rather than 50GB of video.

It exists: http://www.lexar.com/portfolio_page/professional-workflow-line-of-products/ It just costs a lot. An easier and faster way would be to transfer the files to your computer, open two video players. I use a video editor which is far more useful but it takes longer to learn how to use.

600x450_LRWUR2TBNA.png

Thanks. I think I will probably end up with 3 or 4 of something like that...
I've got two of one type of reader, but it doesn't help because I can only use one of them at a time, the computer seems to think that they are the same device!

Maybe get several different types rather than several of the same type.

This UGREEN card reader can read two cards simultaneously. I can use a microSD to SD adapter so I can read two microSD at the same time.
Screenshot_20180425-211918-01.jpeg
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01EFPX9XA
They also do a USB C version that I can use with my laptop or OTG with my phone
Screenshot_20180425-212545-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Back