Multiple Motion & Impact Detection Warnings

Skidsuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to this forum as I have just had a Blackvue DR750X and CM100LTE Connectivity Module fitted to my car by a professional installer and wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same issues as me or whether the camera has been fitted incorrectly, or indeed if this is a design feature of this camera.

The setup is hard-wired with the supplied cabling through the ignition and seems to work fine, connecting with both my phone and the cloud appropriately however the issue is that every time I unlock and climb in and start the car I am getting multiple Motion Detection and Impact Detection warnings to my phone. The same happens when I climb out, having turned the ignition off, climbing out and shutting the door set off a repeat series of warnings to my phone. I've just had to delete a couple of dozen files on my phone from the warnings and I have no idea how much of my monthly data package these pointless warnings have used up.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has my setup been incorrectly completed? Is there something I'm missing?

I'm struggling to believe that this is an acceptable design feature when it would surely be simple to tweak the software to allow a short delay from ignition OFF to Parking Mode ON and likewise, perhaps a built-in delay when climbing into the car where if the ignition is turned on within a short period, the camera does not send alerts.

I contacted Blackvue UK Product Support who seemed to suggest that this is normal (seriously?) and I am awaiting an email reply from cs@pittasoft dot com.

Thanks in advance.

Normal, unfortunately.

I have a DR900X and went through the same thing. All you can really do is keep dialing down the impact detection sensitivity until it gets to something you can live with, or turn it off entirely.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm struggling to understand how this is acceptable for a camera of this price.

I get that.

I'm relatively new to the dashcam game myself. Seems none of them are perfect, BV seems better than most far as I can tell.

I'm pretty happy with mine so far, but did have to invest more time than I'd like to get it initially sorted out as far as settings go.

Im also facing this issue with multiple false impact detected notifications.
It really makes the cam unfit for my intended purpose. Dialing down the impact detection sensitivity would mean that people could bump into my parked car without the cam noticing it, so not really a solution.
But I think I figured out how to solve this problem!

Back