Multiple, multi ch dash cams or multi ch monitoring system ?

Knudsen

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi.
My first post
, So probably something new to learn about the forum here.
But definitely also about Car Camera / Dash cam's.

My interest is in building my overland cars, certainly not in electronics. That is why I want your help to learn and choose.

But but but - my first dash cam, a Dod LS500W lasted only 2 years.
I thought that was pretty poor.
(The camera sounds like it works but the screen is out of order.)

What are the wishes:
1.:) At least the same quality as I know from DoD Ls 500 W
2.:) Large (8 - 10'') screen, for me as a driver.
3.:) Possibility of multiple screens. To the people sitting in rows 2, 3 and 4.
Preferably so I can see the rear camera. The other screens only 'need' to be able to look ahead.
4.:) Live image material to make videos with.
5.:) Everything must be wired. No radio signals, between devices or out. Of course GPS in and possibly alarms out.
6.:) Versatile for lighting conditions. Black night and bright light / reflection from snow and ice. ( Watch video. )

For me, it's hard to define exactly what I'm thinking because it's easy to dream up 48 carat gold. But there must also be a relation to reality.

The best I have come up with so far are:
8CH 1080P WIFI GPS 4G Car DVR Backup Camera System 10.1"HDMI Screen Remote View.
They are available with different cameras in the set. But it must be relatively easy to connect special cameras.
Among other things, PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom) camara on the sides will be preferable so that they can be used as, supplementary side mirrors.
PTZ is also a great supplement, for me as a driver when parasailing over deserts.

Finally:
Power and temperature is manageable problems. BUT the car is built to withstand -50 to +50 degrees C.
The car is to be regarded as a small truck but with extreme terraing properties / survival ability.
Video from the extreme end of what the car is built for:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/BiXsqekbCbtT/

It is one of my dream projects and open to participation in the building process.
VolToy-VolTrailer is built from scratch / of course with parts from other cars. But everything is made to fulfill dreams for me and for others. In that it will be able to be equipped with up to 9 comfortable seats + + + etc.

Sincerely
Henrik

Sorry.
I have a hard time explaining myself briefly. But my experience tells me that with fewer words, it would be a long time before a thread comes to the essence of what the object is.

Early image of TolToy. Which has become 40cm wider.
P5092106.JPG

Last edited:
Der er hvis en der har kigget lidt for meget til Island :)(y) Jeg har også haft et par 4x4 igennem tiden og min ven har kørt land rovere i mange år, så jeg har prøvet at ligge på ryggen i et mudder hul og sætte en ny foraksel på en af dem, og trække en op af en bakke med 2 stykker wire nogle stop klodser og en high lift donkraft i stedet for et spil, og lempe en 208 KG gearkasse ind af bagdøren og så få den kæmpet op på plads, men bilen var parkeret ved en kantsten i Århus V.

Det du har kig på er jo nærmest mobile DVR / NVR, og ja er nok det bedste selvom de ofte ikke har billedkvalitet på højde med et godt dashcam
disse kan som regel tilsluttes en skærm med HDMI eller tilsvarende, et signal du kan splitte ud til hvor mange skærme du nu vil.

Jeg har engang for mange år siden selv haft en 4 kanal DVR i min bil, men dengang med almindelige lav opløsning kameraer.
Du skal nok holde øje med hvad bitrate de kameraer optager ved, for at lave god 1080p video skal du som regel op på 20 mbit, men et overvågnings kamera er ofte på væsentlig færre mbit, hvilket er fint til CCTV og ting der ikke bevæger sig hurtigere end gå tempo.

Sorry guys for the Danish bit i just noticed but cant be bothered translating myself as the computer have again eaten my time and i need to take a bath and get out the door.

4.:) Live image material to make videos with.
I suggest getting a good quality dashcam for the front view, maybe a 4K one for making great videos (Viofo A129 Pro), then for the live view screens you can use something much more basic and lower quality, you don't need 4k for an 8" screen, but you will really appreciate it for watching the movie version on a 48" TV screen.

Sorry guys for the Danish bit i just noticed but cant be bothered translating myself as the computer have again eaten my time and i need to take a bath and get out the door.
Long time since I have seen any Danish posted, you all seem to post good English! Don't worry about using Danish for a bit of chat, try to keep the main conversation in some sort of english though, otherwise it will only be the Danish that join the conversation, pretty difficult for anyone else to read :unsure:

Jeg har valgt at bestille AKASO DL12 2.5K Mirror Dash Cam 12" Touch Screen Front and Rear Dual Dash Camera.
Som skal gøre det som bagspejl og solskygge for mig som føre.
Desuden har jeg bestilt A129 Pro Duo Ultra HD 4K WiFi & GPS DashCamera + HK3 + CPL+ 4 Pairs Fuse Adapter
Som også har skerm. Den skal bruges til at holde øje med hunden der har hjemme lige bag mit sæde.

At jeg KUNNE have købt et 3 kanalet er rigtigt. Men de har ikke skerm og vil formodentlig ikke også kunne bruges som solskærm.
Er der ikke skærm så er de afhængige af en form for trådløs forbindelse til telefonen.
Det er jeg bestemt ikke interesseret i, lige som jeg normalt ikke har telefonen tænt når jeg køre på langtur.

Så kombinationen af de to kamera var en løsning. Men jeg er stadig interesseret i den 8 kanal som jeg startede med. Der skal undersøges mere for at vide hvad den reelt kan.

Derfor høre jeg gerne mere om den slags systemer.

Henrik

Back