Multiple seconds of video lost when entering/leaving parking mode ...

What baffles me is the fact Prelude or anyone else would pair a Blackvue hardwiring kit with a Viofo Camera. And a 2 wire hardwire kit at that.

That's because you still fail to understand just how the PMP is designed, and the benefits of it over such things as the Viofo 2 wire kit. You don't understand basic English, so I won't bother trying to explain.

Tried explaining this to Prelude without much success.

You called me a liar for daring to claim my DR-400 had no gap!!

I presume with the 2 wire hardwire kit, it's seamless because there's no transitional period. Merely the camera sits idle and after 5 minutes of movement, puts itself into park mode without needing to pause???

I've told you it has a 7 second gap with what is essentially a 2 wire kit. More English fails.

Blackvue is seemless as it's all done in pre buffer

HonestReview doesn't believe any camera can switch modes without a gap!

2 wire = No Signal Wire. Lack of movement triggers GPS and enters Parking Moe. 3 Wire = Detect ACC fuse shutting off, and triggers to Parking mode.

Holly S*&! Batman!!

The light finally dawns. Now ... do you understand why sitting in traffic can initiate parking mode, or do you still claim this means I have no idea?

Yeah ... I won't hold my breath for an apology.

That's because you still fail to understand just how the PMP is designed, and the benefits of it over such things as the Viofo 2 wire kit. You don't understand basic English, so I won't bother trying to explain.

There's zero benefit to using the 2 wire hardwire kit OR a 3rd party kit. So basically, you enjoy the thing switching into park mode while sitting at a stop light (If light is long enough when sitting idle). Then switching out of park mode when resuming driving. And better yet, throwing a 3rd party hardwiring kit with another brand camera. Sure, it works, but it's like buying a new car then using aftermarket parts......Whatever, your call.

You called me a liar for daring to claim my DR-400 had no gap!!

Ok if the Dr-400 has a prebuffer then I'm wrong. Viofo does NOT have a pre-buffer so It appears the camera does lose 7 seconds.

I've told you it has a 7 second gap with what is essentially a 2 wire kit. More English fails.

You're the one using a 2 wire hardwire kit that gets triggered every time the car parks or stops long enough. So quit bitching. Install a 3 wire kit and then the only time you'll lose 7 seconds is when the car TRULY enters parking mode through ACC being disconnected and Battery wire being triggered.

HonestReview doesn't believe any camera can switch modes without a gap!

Actually, I stated in the post I SAW the gap too not long after you posted.....

Holly S*&! Batman!!

The light finally dawns. Now ... do you understand why sitting in traffic can initiate parking mode, or do you still claim this means I have no idea?

Yeah ... I won't hold my breath for an apology.
[/QUOTE]

Back