Multisafer Install

Branagorn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys, forgive my first post, i've used this site many times for useful information. But now I need a little bit more.

I've just tried installing my first dash cam, a chinese model from Amazon. It works great using the cigarette lighter, so naturally my next step was to get this installed neater, with a battery saving device installed in the front of the car.

I believed I installed the multi safer correctly, I found a ground point for the black wire, then used add-a-fuse piggy back wires, red-onto the wiper motor, and yellow-onto the horn.

I get a constant led onto the multi safer unit, but when I plug the dash cam cigarette lighter into the female part of the multi safer, the led on the dash cam adaptor does not light, and as expected there is no power to the dash cam.

I have also checked by using a different adaptor (a cigarette-to-x2 USB slot) that also has an led indicator, which does not light up either.

I'm sure I installed the multi safer correctly, but here I have this problem.

Any thoughts?

Did you try with or without engine running?

Any result if you push the button on top of Multisafer?

Any result if you push the button on top of Multisafer?
Pushing the multi safer button doesn't appear to do anything.
There are two leds on the device, all I get is the one of these constantly lit (maybe flickering slightly). Pressing the button for a variety of different press durations dose not change anything.

Check if cigarette lighter socket plug is correctly inserted into the multisafer.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Check if cigarette lighter socket plug is correctly inserted into the multisafer.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk
I just went outside to try. I span the adaptor all the way around to see if there was a 'sweet spot' connection for the male and female parts. No such luck.

But since unplugging and Replugging in the Multisafer pins, I now also have the blue Led flickering.

Different sequence of Blue LED blinkings shows different status of Multisafer timer or Voltage cut-off.
What values have you selected for timer and voltage cut-off ?

Pins 1&5 up. 2,3,4 down.
12V cut off, 24 Timer.

Pins 1&5 up. 2,3,4 down.
12V cut off, 24 Timer.

Maybe MultiSafer is in standby mode ?

This is what user manual says.

•• When power is supplied for the first time, the battery status is checked
automatically for 40 seconds, and is switched to stand-by mode.

Can you start the engine, let it run about 1min and then try operating push-button to go between ACC and BAT mode and see what status Blue / Red LED gives you according to instruction.

MS BDP.jpg

So to keep things simple.
I plugged the Multisafer back in. Kept all the pins up (default setting).

I turned the engine on, gave it more than a minute.
All I get is a steady red LED. Pressing the switch doesn't appear to change anything.

Still no power to the cigarette adapter.

double check your connections, I'd be looking at your ground point first
Sorry to possibly contradict. But I thought if the ground was not good, the leds on the Multisafer wouldn't light?

Sorry to possibly contradict. But I thought if the ground was not good, the leds on the Multisafer wouldn't light?

a poor ground might allow enough voltage to light an LED but not enough to work

a good place to get ground would be the common ground point which is generally nearby the fuse panel, where do you have it grounded?

Could be poor ground.
Which exact “ground point“ did you use?

Also just in case unscrew bottom part of cigarette lighter socket and check if both wires soldered to the board.

IMG_20170108_211731.jpg

Back