Music pausing

Thorper13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I recently purchased this dash cam for my 2013 Ford Focus ST. I haven’t actually got to use it yet because none of the SD cards I have are compatible. When I have the camera plugged in, my music pauses every few minutes or so, if I remove the camera my
Music is fine. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem or anyone knows what’s wrong?

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Nextbase Technical Support.

Do you have a DAB radio in your car?
Do you have any ferrite cores on the Dash Cam's cabling?
Do you have a Rear Cam attached?
If you move the Dash Cam to a different position, does the pausing continue?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

I'm getting a similar issue with music / satnav volume dipping. It can be every few seconds or may go into the tens of seconds before it does it again. Turning off the 522GW sorts the problem. I've got the ferrite core installed with the MkII hardwire kit and rear cam. I've tried turning off the device alerts in case it's something trying to 'speak' (like when satnav instruction lowers music volume) but no difference. Round home it's an annoyance but I've some longer journeys to do and it invariably dips when I'm trying to follow satnav instructions so I miss spoken details... I do have DAB radio but tend to listed to music from my phone via bluetooth as I can't 'cable' connect the phone (iPhone 11 Pro) to the car.

Also found that it seems to be the SOS function communicating with the phone that makes the volume dip... it seems to be ok at startup until the sos connects. Is it something in the programming that makes the phone think the cam is wanting to ‘talk’ so drops the volume?
On another topic, why do I have to be continually using location services, even when I’m not in the car / using the dash cam? Why not when only using the app so it’s not draining the battery quicker? The app keeps bleating if I haven’t got it on continuous and iOS keeps asking my why I want it running all the time in the background when I’m not using the app...

If your video doesn't hear the sound, you can add music using music apps like spotify apk to your video. that will be a lot easier.

Last edited:
Also found that it seems to be the SOS function communicating with the phone that makes the volume dip... it seems to be ok at startup until the sos connects. Is it something in the programming that makes the phone think the cam is wanting to ‘talk’ so drops the volume?
On another topic, why do I have to be continually using location services, even when I’m not in the car / using the dash cam? Why not when only using the app so it’s not draining the battery quicker? The app keeps bleating if I haven’t got it on continuous and iOS keeps asking my why I want it running all the time in the background when I’m not using the app...
Hi Andy,

The app requires Location permissions in order to provide an automatic connection with the application when you climb into the car, this is then used in the background for use with the SOS and auto-upload features.

Please message us directly so that we can troubleshoot some steps with you.

Kind regards,
Dan - Nextbase Technical Support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R 522GW 10
Back