Must I download videos from app?

SJ4000 Wifi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi all,

I just got my new original SJCAM SJ4000 Wifi.

My question is, do I HAVE to download the recorded videos into my phone via the SJCAM app in order to playback the videos (on phone or PC)?

From what I have experienced, when I copy all the videos directly from my SD card to my PC, only the videos that have been downloaded thru the SJCAM app are able to play. The videos that I have not downloaded via the app are all un-playable. I have used all players (VLC, WMP, Real, KMPlayer, etc) and even tried converting from .mov to .mp4 format but the .mov file is not even readable by the converting software.

It seems to me that the ONLY way to playback the videos on my phone & PC is to first download them by using the SJCAM app.

Are you guys out there having the same issues? I don't mind downloading the videos thru the app 1st in order to view them on phone or PC, but this will be very hectic when the file size is large!

Pls advice or share your methods! Thanks!

Neither do I! Are you saying that the MOV files that the camera stores in the card can't be read by any player? That's the weirdest thing I've ever read!
SJ4000Wifi, can you tell us what's the message the player displays when you try to view the files in it?

I know right, it's weird!! Never expected that copying the videos from my SD card to PC via the microSD adapter would cause any problems! Now all the videos that I have yet to download via the app are "un-playable" on PC, on phone and on my SJ4000 wifi (when i put the video files back into the card and try to view them on sj4000 wifi, the camera says NO FILES!!). WEIRD!

From the VLC Player, it says:

VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format of 'file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/james/Desktop/SJCAM/2015_0531_123457_008.MOV' cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details.

and the attached picture shows the error msg from KMPlayer.

Attachments

• .mov error.JPG
    .mov error.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 14
One thing I noticed on the picture you attached is that the files are too small. Either those videos only have less than one minute or they're not the "real" video files. If so, that's the reason why they can't be played.
Could you make a print screen of the details of the file's properties (right click on the file->Properties->Details) and post it here?

Yes you are right, the videos are less than a minute as I just record some scenic view for interest.
Anyways, recently I have tried transferring the .mov files from the camera to my PC via the cable and the files work just fine!
I guess that's the way to go for me from now on when I want to transfer large .mov files and do not want to go thru my phone.
Thank guys and happy SJCAM-ing! :)

Hello there,
I am facing the following problem:
whenever I shoot a video it is a 50:50 chance that the video will play on either the camera itself or the computer after I copy the video to it.
I have got blenty of videos that are not playing and here are the screen shots of what happens.
Note: sometimes it plays the sound only with NO image.
Please help.
Thanks.

Attachments

• screen 1.png
    screen 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • screen 2.png
    screen 2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • screen 3.png
    screen 3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • screen 4.png
    screen 4.png
    991.8 KB · Views: 9
After copying the vidoes to my desktop it refused to play it because it is a UNDF video.
This is driving me crazy.
anyone could relate ? please ?
thanks.

I'm having the same issue can not playback files on PC or camera , on camera it says -no files

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TonyCams SJ4000 24
Back