My 0805 shut downs after half hour or so itself (Bought from Gearbest)

N.T.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is only 2-month old and it starts shutting down itself during my ride like half hour or so.

I can manually turn it back on and it seems to work fine after that.

What causes the problem?

It was working fine in a hotter day (>90), and it is not that hot now (~80).

This is now totally dead.
It shuts down after 5sec all the time!!

If it's shutting down, it's probably the battery. They're not too challenging to replace (if seller won't exchange your unit). Do a search for battery replacement on 0805 or 0806.

Even if they are replacing the unit I still need to pay the shipping fee to China which is costly..

About the battery, I am thinking how long will it take to die again if I replace it, is there anyway to link/wire the camera to the car and don't need the battery at all?

Yeah, that's a bit of dilemma. I faced the same one when my battery failed. The USPS will charge about $20 to send the camera back to China. Of course, that's uninsured, no tracking. A bit of a hail Mary. On the flip side, the battery is less than half that cost (which I bought), and the seller agreed to send me a new one at no charge.

These LiPO batteries are pretty stout. I've had some cameras go many years without ever having a battery fail. Still, it's a possibility. The effort and cost involved in changing one, I think, is minimal. A total of four screws, and a little bit of patience, and some minor soldering, and you're 100%. Certainly easier than shipping it back to China - IF that is your problem.

Everything I've read indicates that these cameras must have at least a minimally-charged battery attached for them to work reliably. I've not tried it without, but others have, and they say it must be there. I also remember someone posting a modification where they ran a lead out the case for an external battery. These are all reasonable hacks, but IMHO, unnecessary given the relative simplicity of replacing the battery, and the clean look of no additional wires.

Back