my 128gb kingston CD card corrputed itself

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
just had my card corrupt sometime in the last day or so, computers want to format it, my phone says its damaged, so had to format.

testing it all now with h2wtest

not for a while

I use a 64GB Lexar in my SGZC12RC formatted in FAT32 using GUIFormat...

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Mainly because I review the files in an Android Tablet with a 32GB card limit. It won't read an exFAT-formatted 64GB card, but is happy with a FAT32-formatted card. The SGZC12RC is happy too.

Not sure if the above helps you in any way...

Probably the corrupt exFAT boot record problem - if it happens again just pop it in your PC, cancel the message about formatting the card and then run 'chkdsk /f' against the relevant drive letter and odds are chkdsk will fix it :)

yeah its all good now.

crapped itself again, corrupt boot record. just ran chkdsk and it came back to life. same card Kingston 128GB

strike that, should have seen which section you were in before asking which camera and firmware

will have an update for you to try soon

last formatted last post I had on here so around a month ago.
cool.

ok, will keep you updated about firmware when that happens, might be worth formatting every 2 weeks or so in the interim

How does the SGZC12RC firmware mount the microsd card? Does it mount it with the sync (synchronous writes) or flush (fat) option so there is no write cache? How do you safely unmount the microsd card before ejecting it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chepp SGZC12RC 3
Back