My 1st camera

CD55

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just picked this camera up and here are some samples of the video.
This is my 1st try at putting together the output and my first youtube vid

Last edited by a moderator:
So whatever this model is, for 27USD it will probably "serve it's purpose".
(The night performance of this sensor is just plain bad.)

For 27$ it's ok but the most important thing for dash cams is that they have a good reliability and that's sometimes a problem with such cheap cams. It can be so frustrating when you have an accident or there is an accident in front of you and there is nothing on the SD card :mrgreen:

The "key to succesful dashcamming" <g> is:
have it up running!
- always
- every day
- every night
- no excuses
(these lines are written by an idiot who did not stick to these rules. "800m to the burger king. i am in a hurry, sdcard not in the cam, won't fetch a spare one from the gloves compartment."
the crash of a bus into a lamp post would have gained many clicks on YT, if recorded...)

adorfer said:
So whatever this model is, for 27USD it will probably "serve it's purpose".
(The night performance of this sensor is just plain bad.)
It was suppose to be a 007.
I think the low light performance might be as bad as you can get lol.

germany said:
For 27$ it's ok but the most important thing for dash cams is that they have a good reliability and that's sometimes a problem with such cheap cams. It can be so frustrating when you have an accident or there is an accident in front of you and there is nothing on the SD card :mrgreen:
Well just have to wait and see if this thing lasts or takes a dump.
I will probably shop around and have something lined up for just in case

adorfer said:
The "key to succesful dashcamming" <g> is:
have it up running!
- always
- every day
- every night
- no excuses
(these lines are written by an idiot who did not stick to these rules. "800m to the burger king. i am in a hurry, sdcard not in the cam, won't fetch a spare one from the gloves compartment."
the crash of a bus into a lamp post would have gained many clicks on YT, if recorded...)
Sounds like sage advice that I will take to heart.
the SD card I am using is a class 6 but I will be buying a class 10 for my primary card and stick this 1 in the center console for a backup.

I always have 1-2 spare cards with a strip of duct tape (contacts down opposite the tape goo)) on the upper side of the sunscreen.
The edge of the tape is folded in, so it's easy to pull. And the cards are not totally covered, so they come off as well easy.

A guy I know once saw a serious accident, saying "I've got it all recorded!". When he went home, his whole ride was recorded, up to just before the point of the crash :D

He was selling (and using) fake GS1000's. I'm guessing he stopped and turned off his car right after the crash and the cam just stopped and didn't save the current file due to bad battery. But yes that would be hella frustrating.

So now my procedure is that if this does happen, is to press the "start/stop rec" button to make sure it's saved the file before turning off the car.

cantremember said:
When he went home, his whole ride was recorded, up to just before the point of the crash
I'm guessing he stopped and turned off his car right after the crash and the cam just stopped and didn't save the current file due to bad battery.
So now my procedure is that if this does happen, is to press the "start/stop rec" button to make sure it's saved the file before turning off the car.
*DANG*
That's the explanation why i did not find the last part of a trip often on my old camera!
(luckyly i never needed that, but now it becomes clear for my why this happened!)

adorfer said:
The "key to succesful dashcamming" <g> is:...

That's a good thing to cam by, and i think so as well. Sounds just about Sig worthy to me. Hope it's OK i do so.

During the winter I could've had some great footage on my cam - had I known about 'known problems' with using class 10s in my dual cam.
One particularly good clip should have shown a car far behind coming up rather quickly & after I take the bend, said car is going too fast & ploughs into a mound of earth (after mounting the kerb.
Instead, I got good audio the whole time & just selected vid showing the car way behind & moving quickly, then much closer... then the vid starts again just as I round the next bend, putting the accident just out of sight.
But you can clearly hear me wetting myself laughing at the tool for not driving to conditions.

Had I checked my footage more thoroughly after I installed the cam, I might have discovered this little hiccup but I just assumed that, as everything looked good on the screen & the lights lit as they should, that all was well.

Back