My A129 Plus Duo

Harsh

Reaction score
Country
India
Installed today.

IMG_0024 (1).png

IMG_0036.png

Rear camera cable is considerably thinner than the one I remember using with the A129 Duo. Probably as thick as the supplied USB cable. A welcome change.

Working as it should out of the box. Let's see how it goes.

The driving standards appear to be better where you are now! The Plus seems to be working well.

The driving standards appear to be better where you are now!

Haha. The stretch in the video certainly gives that impression. Was 46°C outside and not a busy part of the day. Same road after 5 PM is a different story.

The Plus seems to be working well.

Focus is good. Video quality, I knew what to expect. No complaints so far.

The text overlay jumping to the right on losing GPS and back left once it connects, is something I noticed in the video above. An annoyance/distraction Viofo may want to address in the next firmware.

Low bitrate, 2 wire Parking mode issue -

Car was parked from 12:27 to 14:49.

Camera goes into parking mode at 12:30. 12:52 for some reason the camera exits Parking Mode and switches to normal recording. 13:10 the camera re-enters Parking Mode. 13:17 camera exits Parking Mode again and starts normal recording. Also, the normal recording clips while parked are 30-40 seconds long, not 3 minutes as they should be.

Card in use - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B010Q57S62

Was parked under direct sun but if it were a heating issue, the camera would turn off, not switch to normal recording.

Normal recording -

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Parking mode

5.png

Nobody using the 2-wire Parking Mode?

@viofo doesn’t seem bothered to respond.

Do you use auto event detection mode? For 2 wires parking mode, the camera switches recording mode based on the motion detected.

Do you use auto event detection mode? For 2 wires parking mode, the camera switches recording mode based on the motion detected.

I don’t think so. Using low bitrate. Will check if it’s on in the settings.

Shouldn’t motion be ignored if using low bitrate mode?

Auto even detection can't be on if Low-Bitrate is selected. Parking mode related settings -

IMG_0143.png

IMG_0144.png

IMG_0145.png

@viofo Hopefully it doesn’t take you 3 weeks again to respond?

Viofo just released a new firmware version that fixes the test overlay issue.

It is better to upgrade to the latest firmware.

For low bitrate recording, it keeps recording always, and will not detect motion.

What's the difference between the S and SN versions? A little explanation would be nice.

Instructions need to be clearer. If unsure, download both and flash both?

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 09.20.12.png

For low bitrate recording, it keeps recording always, and will not detect motion.

I know how your low-bitrate mode works. Unless you've changed how it works, that's how it's been since the A119/A119S.

Even though it was mentioned in the beginning of the post (16/06) describing the issue, you still went on to ask if I'm using auto event detection? Your responses seem more of a formality...

If unsure, download both and flash both?
Download both firmwares to the memory card and insert the memory card into the DVR.
The DVR will be flashed with the firmware that suits it. It will not be flashed with two firmware.

Perhaps the information from here will help you find out what firmware you need.

Viofo should also update the main website page with the information added to the support page. Better to know which version one's camera is, than guessing or downloading both every update.

Download both firmwares to the memory card
This may not be a good idea as it seems both can be accepted.
Highlights from link you supplied
Note: Please do not mix them up as the WIFI module inside is different.
Better to know which version one's camera is, than guessing or downloading both every update.
It would be helpful if they where more specific.

Back