My A129 Plus Duo

This may not be a good idea as it seems both can be accepted.
Highlights from link you supplied
Note: Please do not mix them up as the WIFI module inside is different.

It would be helpful if they where more specific.

My understanding of @Karagandinez post was, the cameras will pick the compatible one and ignore the other, even on subsequent reboots.

If it’s going to flash the wrong one, that’s a problem.

They are named differently, so it will only accept the correct one.

They are named differently, so it will only accept the correct one.
Fair point but why did viofo state this?

How could you mix them up if it only accepts one file name?
Perhaps @viofo needs to clarify Firmware naming convention.

The firmware loader may only be reading the extension .bin and not the file name.

@Harsh @Karagandinez

This may not be a good idea as it seems both can be accepted.
Highlights from link you supplied
This issue has already been raised and discussed.
If SN firmware is installed, then S firmware will not be flashed.

Here there was a problem with the firmware.

Last edited:
Fair point but why did viofo state this?

How could you mix them up if it only accepts one file name?
Perhaps @viofo needs to clarify Firmware naming convention.

The firmware loader may only be reading the extension .bin and not the file name.

@Harsh @Karagandinez
Not sure, but I have seen many users think it's OK to just change the name of the file in order to get it to load.

This issue has already been raised and discussed.
If SN firmware is installed, then S firmware will not be flashed.

Here there was a problem with the firmware.
That link showed me how patient you and others where to help that person.
It also showed what a mess things can get to. Viofo said he was an aberration yup the system.

I think it is fair to suggest that Viofo needs to improve the identification process and explanation for firmware upgrades.

To be fair Viofo is always trying to improve their products.
I'm sure they'll sort it out eventually.

Tried connecting using Wifi for the first time, not working. Tried 2.4 and 5GHz, SSID doesn't show up on the phone. Resetting to defaults and trying again did not help.

IMG_0436.png

IMG_0438.png

Did you get the wifi working? I've read some issues with it, I'm hoping it isolated.

Another question, can you use any hardwire kit for the parking mode? or Does it have to be the one from Viofo?

Another question, can you use any hardwire kit for the parking mode? or Does it have to be the one from Viofo?
You can use 3rd party kits, like what I'm using (Vico Power plus). Just make sure it's capable of providing the required current draw the camera needs.

Have you tried to upgrade the firmware before, need to make sure the firmware is right.
If not a firmware issue, you can submit a ticket to get it replaced.

AFAIK the camera is on the latest firmware available - V1.8, Build - 20220704, Rear - V1.5_20210318. Do I need to change the firmware?

Firmware in use is not wrong. SN is for 'Build2' cameras.

Are you suggesting loading the SN version on a 'Build' camera?
If you confirmed it is Build2 version, you can use the FWA129SN.bin.

Low bitrate, 2 wire Parking mode issue -

Car was parked from 12:27 to 14:49.

Camera goes into parking mode at 12:30. 12:52 for some reason the camera exits Parking Mode and switches to normal recording. 13:10 the camera re-enters Parking Mode. 13:17 camera exits Parking Mode again and starts normal recording. Also, the normal recording clips while parked are 30-40 seconds long, not 3 minutes as they should be.

Card in use - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B010Q57S62

Was parked under direct sun but if it were a heating issue, the camera would turn off, not switch to normal recording.

Normal recording -

View attachment 60783

View attachment 60784

View attachment 60785

View attachment 60786

Parking mode

View attachment 60787
My plus duo does the same thing but with the Hk hard wire kit. It works for a few hits and then does something similar. But all my clips are 22 secs long and front cam only. Non stop. For the first few hours auto event works properly with both rear and front cam clips.
I hope VIOFO eventually reads to post I posted here and gives me some feedback.
I really like the cam. But If I can’t get it working properly I will move to a different brand with better support.

If you confirmed it is Build2 version, you can use the FWA129SN.bin.
I need some advice if you don’t mind reading my new poSt in the a129 plus section.

Had contacted Viofo support over a month back to see what my options were as the unit was almost out of warranty. Was given the option of a 30 USD refund towards the non-working WiFi or a replacement. Even though I don't use the feature much, opted for a replacement. Viofo was nice enough to arrange for me to return the faulty camera to their local partner. The replacement though was sent directly from China and arrived in two weeks. Was nice of them to also reimburse me the duty (without asking) for the replacement parcel.

Replacement camera's WiFi works. Camera froze while trying to change the settings. After rebooting I stuck to setting up the camera the old fashioned way.

Thank you @viofo for the prompt support. Glad to see a marked improvement.

Back