My Back Camera's Blurry Problem

hasaneren

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello everyone,

I have been using Jansite T30s Dash Cam for 8 months. When warm degrees started to rise, my back camera showed video's with blurry. I contacted with Jansite but they didn't help me. Is there any way to fix it with myself. Thank you for your favour!

Here is an example video:

Welcome to the forum.

If the focus shift are permanent ( hot or cold outside ) then yes you can focus it again by taking apart the rear camera housing and turn the lens ( probably have to remove some glue on the lens thread first )
If the focus shift come and go with temperature then you will have to get a new lens as it is broken. ( a new lens just cost a few dollars, just make sure the new one have a IR cut filter build in )

You can find many videos on youtube on how to refocus or change these little lenses on action and other little cameras, the biggest problem is hitting the focus sweet spot, if you adjust your old lens it will only take a few degrees turn of the lens.
If the camera have wifi you can see the focus on the phone, if not you have to try your way, make sure to mark where the lens is to start with and then go very small adjustments, then check footage on computer or other large screen.

When done secure lens again with glue, but do not use CA glue as fumes from it can ruin lens coatings.
Use some form of mild hobby glue, it is just there so the fine thread M12 dont shift from vibrations.

Welcome to the forum.

If the focus shift are permanent ( hot or cold outside ) then yes you can focus it again by taking apart the rear camera housing and turn the lens ( probably have to remove some glue on the lens thread first )
If the focus shift come and go with temperature then you will have to get a new lens as it is broken. ( a new lens just cost a few dollars, just make sure the new one have a IR cut filter build in )

You can find many videos on youtube on how to refocus or change these little lenses on action and other little cameras, the biggest problem is hitting the focus sweet spot, if you adjust your old lens it will only take a few degrees turn of the lens.
If the camera have wifi you can see the focus on the phone, if not you have to try your way, make sure to mark where the lens is to start with and then go very small adjustments, then check footage on computer or other large screen.

When done secure lens again with glue, but do not use CA glue as fumes from it can ruin lens coatings.
Use some form of mild hobby glue, it is just there so the fine thread M12 dont shift from vibrations.

Thank you for your help. I did what you said to me. I turned lens with randomly. It works! At the moment video quality better than old times. You saved my $18 :) If you visit Istanbul, I would very much like to buy you dinner

Back