My Best of Dashcam

lutefisk

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V3, WheelWitness HD PRO, Rove R2-4K
Double left turn lane, I'm in the outer. Someone in the inner left turn lane decides they need the immediate next right, so they cut me off and blow across the far right lane. I didn't save the audio - too blue.

A very very very slow on the uptake pedestrian. I mean really slow.

Watch the baby stroller get pushed right into my path. Good job, pusher person.

About the worst way and place to flag down a bus.

What happens when eye triggers accelerator without brain being involved.

Oh yes he did. His mind was elsewhere. And yep, my best of dashcam.

Following a slow moving van and turning long after thru traffic has the right of way. Ooops.

Rogue Range Rover really wrecks routing.

Motorcyclist with a death wish.

He was definitely flying down the road. I was stuck in traffic about 12 years ago and it turned out to be due to a motorcyclist fatality. A driver was making a left hand turn on a yellow light and at the same time a motorcyclist gunned it to make it through the light going straight. Apparently his head went through the rear passenger door window and his body went up and over the top of the car.

Growing up I saw a motorcyclist dead on the side of the road. People were standing around him and he had blood covering his face. They weren't trying to resuscitate him, so he had obviously passed. The local newspaper said they didn't know if he crashed due to gravel on the road or if there was some type of road rage incident. He was about 50 ft past where his motorcycle came to rest, so he tumbled pretty far.

I once as a kid saw a guy I knew a little trying to drive thru a car ( and almost making it ) but the MC rider he was literally in many pieces and scattered all over the road and the remainder of the car.
There is a saying that the proper attire for driving a motorcycle, it is just to keep the pieces together in one place in case of a accident, VS wearing denim as the guy did back then hitting a car side on doing 100 MPH ( in a 30 MPH zone )

Also about the same time i saw a moped rider getting creamed by a larger van making a right turn in front of the moped on the bicycle path, the moped was literally wrapped around the rear tire of the van, and the moped drivers head and its content,,,, all over the road.

Funny thing my brain like to store any trauma i ever experienced going back to i was like 5 - 7 years old, but these things i mentioned while i recall them i dont consider them traumas.
I have memories going back to preschool that will make me shudder when they pop up, and thats like 50 years ago.

I did a rough calculation and he took about 2.2 seconds to go from one street to the next, which are about 250 feet apart. Works out to around 75 mph.

Bad idea.

A box truck blows through the red right in front of me, then decides to stop for a green. Whatever.

Watch a bicyclist try to win a Darwin Award.

Back