my Blackvue dr500gw isn't working, flashing wigi and blue light.

Breslin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Title nails it, I have a video, any help is appriciated.

Ok what have you done during the installation Upgraded firmware ?? Does it say anything??
Have you set it up or just plugged it in out of the box A bit hard to tell anything with the complete lack of information.
Like trying to do brain surgery with a blindfold on.

Nothubg changed except the vehicle, worked fine for a year then went from a Volvo to a Ford and this.

Press the reset button.
Change of cars shouldnt affect it In last 4 months mine has been in 5 cars in 3 countries and has worked all the time Something else is the problem.

Hmm, after reset nothing is wrong, if I plug it into the rear always in 12v it works, cant reason why the ignition switched 12v wont work.

Hmm, after reset nothing is wrong, if I plug it into the rear always in 12v it works, cant reason why the ignition switched 12v wont work.

Its a Ford what do you expect LOL

i dunno about the blinking but i am pretty sure when you unplug it you should give it 5-10 seconds to fully shut down. although in this situation it probably isnt even starting up.

sounds like it might be an issue with you fords 12v socket and not the camera.

Get a multimeter and check the voltage in the socket you are trying to use Sounds like for some reason its too low and that will prevent camera from starting.

People who have tried to run it off a stepdown in a house have found that. You need 12 V and 1 amp for it to run. Some who have been using 12V 500milliamp power supplies have found it wont go.
If its running in a different socket it would be logical its not the camera.

Back