My C3 is longer than my c2 and won't fit the holder (among other issues)

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
I emailed rock about it but he is always so busy he doesn't respond quickly often anymore. Anyone have this issue or heard of it happening? I used digital calipers and the c3 was 0.5 mm longer and won't fit in the holder, if I try to force it it just pops the other side out.

update:

ok, so after testing them and compiling all the issues ive had:

C2:

1) records very blurry
2) this is more my fault but but I fumbled the camera and dropped it in my car and the mode button just fell off... nothing was holding it in but glue... i can glue it back in but I found that strange.
3) my power button was glued in upside down

C3:

1) records blurry, recorded clearly once, but never since
2) does not work with data transfer cable, PC will not recognize it edit: not sure what happened, now it works and is recognized by all my data transfer cables.
3) does not work with dash cam cable, I can not power it while it is in my car. edit: now i just realized it DOES record with the dash cam cable, I thought I was using the one that came with it, turns out I was using my OLD C2 cable, along with my VWTECH cable. so this issue I suppose is solved! was not aware that C3 cables are different than C2? this newest dash cam cable does not work with my new C2, only my old C2 cable and VWTECH cable works with it, but the L cable does not work with C2, does work with C3 which is funny since I received this L cable from rock months ago.
4) it is longer, so it does not fit in any of the holders
5) since it is longer, i can not get the memory card in and out with out a thin flat head screw driver
6) the entire circuit board on the inside is not centered or aligned properly, possibly why it has issues with cables?

other issues:

1) my clip holder had plastic blocking the screw hole, had to cut off some plastic to get the hole clear enough to mount, it is ok now though.
2) the L/90 degree cable rock sent me a few months ago does not power the cameras up to start recording. different pin layout with newer models? edit: does not work for the C2, but it DOES work for the C3. which is sort of opposite of what i needed haha.

here is a video, i did also try recording with the C2 in my car, and made sure the lens was clean... it was still unbearably blurry, both the dash and cars/street. can't make out license plates from 10 feet away very well. also notice the power buttons, not really a huge issue but I found it funny.

Last edited:
Oh and I ordered these directly from rock. Came from factory. They were suppose to be super cap versions too but both have batteries :( I assume that was just an honest mistake.

We just started selling these, and I'm getting up to speed. I know Rock is doing his best and is at a transition point to grow his new company much bigger. I'm happy to start selling and supporting the new C3 as of a few days ago, just had our very first capacitor order. I know how to reach him direct if you're having a disconnect. (just sent him a message) I'm sure we can all sort it out as I'd like to see a proper review from you on this thing to get the word out.

Last edited:
Yea I only realized the capacitor versions were for sale because I saw them in your store. I do have rocks phone number but don't really know when an ok time is to call and email has been easier, at least for me.

I just got a few new memory cards today as I have been running out haha but waiting on some adaptors so I can wire my C3 from front all the way to back.

The mode button falling off was my fault but sort of shows how fragile it is when the buttons are just glued on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 22
That looks like something that can definitely be improved on quickly in the factory. Thanks for pointing that out.

C3 wont fit in either of the clips though. i show it in my video. the C2 that came with mine was just extra, i received everything that would come with the C3, but then he also put in a C2 (he gave me a discount so i wasnt receiving full retail packaging of both. I thought he meant the original holders were just really thin, this new one is much more heavy duty. but again, my C3 won't fit in any of them.

Ah ok, we'll need to get you the correct mounts then. I'm still learning this new product so I'm sure we can all sort it out quick.

Connect the lens to C3 then connect the C3 to PC to obtain data connection.

enjoy,
Mtz

Connect the lens to C3 then connect the C3 to PC to obtain data connection.

enjoy,
Mtz
i had tried that and it didnt work... now it is working though so i dunno what happened. does anyone know if the C3 uses a different pin lay out? because only certain "dash cam" cables will work for it.

I trust rock to resolve any issues I still have, but the blurry video is my biggest concern. I drove around my neighborhood today and everything was so out of focus it is unusable. I tried cleaning the lens, window is not very dirty, but its unusable footage. and both cameras are like this... i can fix the button that fell off, and the cable issues seems to be resolved, but the picture quality is not right.

i owned a C2 before and never had an issue with it being so out of focus.

i am not going to upload that footage because it was in front of my house and neighborhood which I prefer to not use online, but now it is too dark to film any more tonight. i emailed rock about few of these problems on tuesday but sometimes he takes 1-2 weeks to respond which is why I posted here finally. I understand he is just very busy lately.

oh and @Pier28 I am pretty sure the mounts are the correct mounts, I am pretty positive my C3 was actually defective and too long. C2 never came with the new heavy duty clip holder.

Last edited:
I'm happy to help take some of the support load off of Rock soon. He is juggling multiple things until Innovv ramps up to full speed. But yes, out of focus isn't good. I'm wondering if this is something you/we can DIY fix.

Well the C3 footage has looked blurry too so I dunno if it's something I did? If you watch the video I added at the top there is new clip where it is clear but ever since I recorded that it's blurry.

But ya I plan on recording them side by side.

@USDashCamera , I think you can catch me now :). sorry for last month is really crazy busy.

For the questions you mentioned,

C2,
1) all 3 keys are glued on plastic key holders, I believe you can take them out and make the correction direction, that will looks far better. :)
2) records very blurry, the better you can connect the C2 to TV for live video, then adjust the lens thread to get right focus for clear recording.
As you have the last experience on C2, maybe you can do assemble again.

C3,
1) records blurry, recorded clearly once, but never since.
What difference from beginning and later? C3 lens is fixed in lens case, it will be not easy to get damaged.

2) about C2 and C3 have different lens of case, that is really strange, two cameras shared the same case. that should be the bigger tolerance made from factory.

3) the long cables from C2, and C3 has some different, we do improvement that allow C3 long cable can work as data cable.

I remember you telling me the c3 could use the dash cable for both I just forgot. That was months ago.

But as for the length of the C3 I don't think there is anything I can do about that.

What is the factory tolerance?

@USDashCamera , I think you can catch me now :). sorry for last month is really crazy busy.

For the questions you mentioned,

C2,
1) all 3 keys are glued on plastic key holders, I believe you can take them out and make the correction direction, that will looks far better. :)
2) records very blurry, the better you can connect the C2 to TV for live video, then adjust the lens thread to get right focus for clear recording.
As you have the last experience on C2, maybe you can do assemble again.

C3,
1) records blurry, recorded clearly once, but never since.
What difference from beginning and later? C3 lens is fixed in lens case, it will be not easy to get damaged.

2) about C2 and C3 have different lens of case, that is really strange, two cameras shared the same case. that should be the bigger tolerance made from factory.

3) the long cables from C2, and C3 has some different, we do improvement that allow C3 long cable can work as data cable.
This doesn't sound promising. The manufacturer telling you to fix his mistakes? Two seperate cameras blurry from the factory?

This doesn't sound promising. The manufacturer telling you to fix his mistakes? Two seperate cameras blurry from the factory?
I still gotta get out at use them I didn't get a chance today. It's strange because the c3 looked fine at first.

To be fair the button falling off was my fault for dropping it but it wasn't like I threw it down. I think an action camera should be able to take some blunt force without stuff falling off that being said.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S C3 52
Back