My dash cam is blurry. Can someone help me?

tomwilson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, my dash cam is blurry and I can't watch any footage. I cleaned the lens, readjusted the angle and distance from the windscreen but I can't get it to refocus. Please help me!
Thank you!

Anyone that can help will need to know what camera brand and model and under what circumstances the problem began.

The focus are fixed in dashcams, but heat can make it shift.

If it shift permanent and dont change with hot / cold temperatures, you can take it apart and adjust the lens to where it is in focus again, this involve adjusting the lens in one or the other direction by just a few degrees.
If the focus are good on cold days but bad on hot days all you can do is replace the lens as it have a element moving inside with changes in temperatures.

Hi, my dash cam is blurry and I can't watch any footage. I cleaned the lens, readjusted the angle and distance from the windscreen but I can't get it to refocus. Please help me!
Thank you!
remove lens cover film ? maybe

remove lens cover film ? maybe

Well, he did say he cleaned the lens, so you would think he must know about the temporary protective lens cover by now. Then again, stranger things have happened. :happy:

I still wanna' know which camera he's got. That might explain a thing or two.

Back