My dashcam drained my battery..

@Sadoka It's a pity that you didn't read mentioned thread ( Infiniti Q50 hardwire Viofo A129 GPS Dual ) before posting. You will find that this installation is equipped with Black-Vue B-124 (equivalent of Cellink Neo6) with LiFePo4 battery. It is passing power directly to the camera while power bank is charging. There is no risk of overheat. It can work up to 60C. It will not explode even in 100C. So before frightening forum users check details, then post.

No no, I was not talking about you, your setup is very good, you spend money and bought the right equipment and know what you are doing. But there are so many people who don’t and then end up with a lot of trouble, that is what I meant :).

In a recent test by VAB (Belgian ADAC), the outside temperature was 31 degrees Celsius and they parked a white and a black car 6 hours in the sun. The black car registered up to 92 degrees and the white car was up to 9 degrees cooler. And this was only 31 degrees outside temperature. Imagine 45 degrees outside temperature.

So yes, a powerbank system is smart and it works fine. But use the right equipment and think where you put stuff. Parking in the shade is also smart but don’t forget the shade moves, maybe park it in a garage if possible.

Last edited:
In a recent test by VAB (Belgian ADAC), the outside temperature was 31 degrees Celsius and they parked a white and a black car 6 hours in the sun. The black car registered up to 92 degrees and the white car was up to 9 degrees cooler. And this was only 31 degrees outside temperature. Imagine 45 degrees outside temperature.
A cool, dashcam friendly car: :cool:

mclaren-china-bling-1-458x273.jpg

Dashboard reflections might not be a problem with that one but hood (bonnet) reflections might exceed what even a pro-grade CPL could deal with :rolleyes:

In hotter climates nobody drives dark-colored cars because of how much hotter they get parked in the sun. It pains me to even think about what they had to go through before A/C became commonplace in cars :eek:

Phil

Back