My experience and video review of SJ4000 WiFi

Pavle

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Hi guys,

After 2 months of using and testing the camera, here is my review of it.

In short >
- Love the price vs features offered ratio
- Great video quality
- Video Time Lapse function is addictive
- Great design and lots of colors to chose from
-Regular firmware updates

Cons
-Bad customers supports
-Lots of fakes
-Photo quality should be better
- Misleading 12 MP photo in specs

If you have something to add, please let me know. If you have any particular question on the video, or camera itself, feel free to ask, would be happy to reply and help out.

Cheers :)

I was just wondering has anyone managed to get a reply from SJCAM support in the last 2 weeks? I as far as I know Chinese holidays are now over?
I also know that they have one support woman - Vivi. But hell, been waiting for their replies for over a month...
Obviously they can afford to hire extra guy or two? They certainly sold enough cams last few months.

Ah dammit!

I was hoping to get a good time-lapse shot of the Sun eclipse today, but it just was too bright for the SJ4000 to get a good glance. Also it was not a total eclipse, so it was not even visible without some special gear such as special telescope, etc.

Well I guess in 5 years time I will record a next one :(

Few time lapse shoots with SJ4000 WiFi.

@Pavle: after your great review of the WiFi version, I ordered and received my SJ4000 WiFi from GearBest and really like it! Where did you order a Lens Cap from and part number? I like the 'time lapse' feature also! Also, I like the fact that the cam will work without a battery via the charging socket! Two negatives are WiFi is very short range and it loses the date/time whenever changing batteries. And, although I can wifi it to my android device, I can't find a program to wifi the files to my computer from the SJ4000! Have you found one?

@DWilks Glad to hear that. Good luck with your camera, I hope it will serve you well.
I quite honestly do not remember where I got my lens cap, I believe my brother ordered one for me on eBay.
Agreed with you about WiFi range.

What do you mean by wifiing the files? Do you mean streaming or live view via WiFi? Honestly I have not tried that, but its a good idea. Would like to hear if someone knows how to do that.

Yes, I do mean live streaming the video back to a cell phone and it does work but very short distance. And I would like to stream the video to my computer but haven't found a program to do that with. Wednesday, I took it out on the lake for some fishing on a boat and it took some great video. Will keep looking for a lens cap...Thanks again for the review and like I said, your review was the reason why I got one!

Yes, I do mean live streaming the video back to a cell phone and it does work but very short distance. And I would like to stream the video to my computer but haven't found a program to do that with. Wednesday, I took it out on the lake for some fishing on a boat and it took some great video. Will keep looking for a lens cap...Thanks again for the review and like I said, your review was the reason why I got one!
We chinese could use QQ chatting tool,first download SJ4000 video to your mobile phone,then login in and choose the file to sync to the computer.
And when we login in QQ again,you could find files have been downloaded in a certain file.

@JooVuu, What I want to do is view the live feed on my computer "LIVE FEED". The same way
that I can view the live feed on my android device. I need a program like the android app but for my
computer. Thanks for the reply, though.

Back