My experience using a229 so far...

Is my understanding a229 shares the same sony image sensor as the older a119 V3, and for some reason a229 performs worse. No lessons learned from the older model to the new one? In this forum I remember seeing comments from VIOFO in other posts, I would like if Viofo could comment on this.

As of now this camera retails for around 240€ (Euros) well above the price of many other dashcams brands in the market.
Sir, you are not alone. Even I have night time footage issue. It is beyond pathetic. @viofo says it is due to my headlights, which I got changed at the first place because the problem existed with previous ones too.

It indeed is expensive. Here, after conversion it retails for ~ 302 Euros without any accessory, just the camera not even the memory card.
Despite what Youtubers say in their reviews, As a real owner of an A229 duo, in my honest opinion for license plate capturing I do not recommend this camera until VIOFO does something in the firmware to improve/optimize its video performance.
in the current state, older Viofo models outperform the new one.
Spot on. Would agree with you absolutely. See these videos.

Can you imagine this being the night time quality of 300 Euro+ dashcam? Terribly disappointing.
Maybe it's only your copy of the problem with the readability of the numbers of oncoming cars?
Just like I said earlier in other thread, this is not one of an issue. It's a half baked product, a departure in Viofo's quality how it used to be earlier.
No, it's not. I've been having the same poor performance with my 2 units of A229.
I actually just returned one of them a few days ago only because of the performance.
@viofo I am not alone here. There are several other people who have image quality issues. These people are just the ones who are well informed and aware to raise issue online in proper dashcam forum. There are several others who had bought this on the basis of reviews and word of mouth. I had bought A229 after using A119 and A119S thinking it would be an upgrade in terms of video quality. I had suggested Viofo to many others as well, many did order Viofo thinking it would be an apt choice even after it costs an arm and a leg here in my country. Just imagine the uproar when they realise about night video quality issue. Even the seller here can't justify the video quality of A229.

This purchase of A229 was just because of goodwill and loyalty to Viofo and the end result I get is, it is because of car headlamps. :|

If you wish, I can find out other customers as well from my country which face the same issue and they'll raise the issue directly if that makes you sort this issue fully. Never expected this from your company. :/

Sir, you are not alone. Even I have night time footage issue. It is beyond pathetic. @viofo says it is due to my headlights, which I got changed at the first place because the problem existed with previous ones too.

It indeed is expensive. Here, after conversion it retails for ~ 302 Euros without any accessory, just the camera not even the memory card.

Spot on. Would agree with you absolutely. See these videos.

Can you imagine this being the night time quality of 300 Euro+ dashcam? Terribly disappointing.

Just like I said earlier in other thread, this is not one of an issue. It's a half baked product, a departure in Viofo's quality how it used to be earlier.

@viofo I am not alone here. There are several other people who have image quality issues. These people are just the ones who are well informed and aware to raise issue online in proper dashcam forum. There are several others who had bought this on the basis of reviews and word of mouth. I had bought A229 after using A119 and A119S thinking it would be an upgrade in terms of video quality. I had suggested Viofo to many others as well, many did order Viofo thinking it would be an apt choice even after it costs an arm and a leg here in my country. Just imagine the uproar when they realise about night video quality issue. Even the seller here can't justify the video quality of A229.

This purchase of A229 was just because of goodwill and loyalty to Viofo and the end result I get is, it is because of car headlamps. :|

If you wish, I can find out other customers as well from my country which face the same issue and they'll raise the issue directly if that makes you sort this issue fully. Never expected this from your company. :/
Deeply apologize for the unsatisfactory experience our DC brought. As we have explained before, the A229 has no HDR, so the night vision is not as good as one which has HDR. Besides, the license plates are white, along with your headlight, which causes overexposure. If the headlight cannot be adjusted, could you please set the exposure at -1 in the settings to confirm if it will help? If there is no difference, would you mind opening a ticket here to get further help?

Besides, the license plates are white, along with your headlight, which causes overexposure. If the headlight cannot be adjusted, could you please set the exposure at -1 in the settings to confirm if it will help? If there is no difference, would you mind opening a ticket here to get further help?
If I decrease the exposure, it will go really dark. Would be absolutely awful in poorly lit roads, won't help either way. Will open a ticket and explain everything in detail for your understanding.
Today I pulled the SD cards of both dashcams.

Screencaps A129 on the left, A229 on the right:

This is the exact problem I am facing. Same position cameras, both do not have HDR, same sensors, one can read the plates while other cannot.

Why are you pulling my phrases from communicating with another person? :unsure:
There we are talking about daytime video quality, and during the day this model shoots well. Anyway, my copy.:cool:
So there is no need to lump everything together.

Back