My f750 seems to have vanished

Adam E.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, my wife got me the 2 ch last Oct. for my birthday. I’ve loved this thing. Last week I went to connect my iPhone for live view, and now it doesn’t even appear as an option when I try to connect it via WiFi. Everything else shows up, except “ Thinkware “. Now I’m pissed, as now it seems I now own a $375.00 piece of garbage. I’ve included a screenshot of the software version of my camera. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Last edited:

Maddog1974

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000 Front & Rear with RADAR.
It does sound like the WiFi has died, in our 2+ years of dealing with Thinkware i have seen about 5 that have lost the WiFi. This is a long shot but have you tried a factory reset (Get the camera recording and then press & hold the Manual Record & Format buttons together until you hear about 4 rapid bleeps. Also enable the WiFi of the camera and give it about 15 seconds before you open the WiFi menu of the phone, as a precaution i would just search with a different phone too. (We had an iphone the other day that wouldn't find the network but we did a soft reset of the iphone and bingo it showed up...strange!) Otherwise i would contact the supplier and ask them to check warranty status.

OP
A

Adam E.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It does sound like the WiFi has died, in our 2+ years of dealing with Thinkware i have seen about 5 that have lost the WiFi. This is a long shot but have you tried a factory reset (Get the camera recording and then press & hold the Manual Record & Format buttons together until you hear about 4 rapid bleeps. Also enable the WiFi of the camera and give it about 15 seconds before you open the WiFi menu of the phone, as a precaution i would just search with a different phone too. (We had an iphone the other day that wouldn't find the network but we did a soft reset of the iphone and bingo it showed up...strange!) Otherwise i would contact the supplier and ask them to check warranty status.

I’ve tried everything, including trying to use my wife’s iPhone. The problem persists.

OP
A

Adam E.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve tried everything, including trying to use my wife’s iPhone. The problem persists.[/QUOTE

My warranty expired in October. Thinkware is telling me I may have to purchase a reconditioned unite.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M F750 5
L F750 11
A F750 1
L F750 1
B F750 2