My first compilation! - Manchester

Good stuff.

3 seconds in, "Compliation"

Stockport featured quite a bit in the compilation. You don't want to upset Stopfordians by referring to their small town as being a part of Manchester. ;)

Darn typo! And good spot :) Most of these will be in Stockport as it's where I live (unfortunately), but thought I'd name it as Manchester as I venture out sometimes! Thank you for the feedback.

Not bad, better than my first attempt!

Rubbish. My mom lives in Manchester but they drive on the right side of the road just like I do in Houston!

:D
Hahahaha! I just spent a little time Google searching for "[insert every british or european city name that you can think of], usa" and I didn't fail a single one!

Hahahaha! I just spent a little time Google searching for "[insert every british or european city name that you can think of], usa" and I didn't fail a single one!
add "new" or "old" or even combine two names and i bet you'll still find them all here. "new york" "old london" "londonderry"... not to mention all the "shire"s and "fords"...

"we want to be totally different from this place we're leaving behind... so we'll give every location a name that was used in the place we just left." :rolleyes: i guess people weren't very creative till they started branching out away from the original 13 colonies.

add "new" or "old" or even combine two names and i bet you'll still find them all here. "new york" "old london" "londonderry"... not to mention all the "shire"s and "fords"...

"we want to be totally different from this place we're leaving behind... so we'll give every location a name that was used in the place we just left." :rolleyes: i guess people weren't very creative till they started branching out away from the original 13 colonies.
We all know about Paris, Texas, of course, but I even found an Amsterdam. :D

And, lo and behold, there are 17 cities called Lisbon in the USA! :eek::D

Place names can be interesting indeed. In Michigan we have Eden, Paradise, and Hell. ;)
Near Lancaster in Pennsylvania you'll find that Intercourse is right next to Paradise. Hmmm, they obviously knew nothing of my ex-wife when they named those two places, though Hell in Michigan sounds about right! :rolleyes:

Back