My First Dashcam .. G90-7S + GPS

Rene Sorreda

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Finally after 3 weeks my very first dashcam- G90 from Gearbest has arrived in good condition. Video quality is excellent, I've been testing different video resolution everyday as recommended by helpful members, to find the right setting, but all seems to be at same quality. I find the images too sharp maybe because of the setting at Super Fine. The speed indicator from GPS is also accurate matching my car speedometer.. I can say I am now a certified G90 addict. Hope my unit will stay in good condition for long..

I cant seem to upload pictures here, i've been getting a message "file is too large to process by the server" but i manage to upload a sample clip in youtube. Im still on my learning stage and trying to navigate different functions and settings..

Test video #1 2560 x 1080p on Manila traffic

Test video #2 2560 x 1080p during fundrive to Subic of our Trailblazer Club

Thanks to all valuable informations from selfless members here, please feel free to give inputs on how to further improve the image quality, useful functions and settings, Do's and Dont's, and how to upload pictures. Thanks..

The videos looked great.

Shrink the pictures by ~50% should do it.

Make sure the lens is clean, reduce vibration if possible and try aiming the camera a little lower may give you even better results.

Congrats!
That's what I like about G90.
I have over 10 dashcams and G90's videos are the best.
So clean, clear and sharp.
That 2nd video has great scenery.

Thanks for inputs.. I will try proper lens direction and good framing for better result.. How do you shrink the pcture by 50% ?

Thanks for inputs.. I will try proper lens direction and good framing for better result.. How do you shrink the pcture by 50% ?
Why to shrink?
You can upload full size screenshots here and forum automatically reduces to 1980p at widest side.

You can use irfanview to change picture size if needed.

How's the audio on that G90?

Im detecting a soft static sound on the audio when plugged in the cig lighter power in my car, but when i try recording from its battery there is no static sound. So i can conclude it is coming from the wire power adaptor.. I bought a usb to mini wire with ferrite filter on both ends, i will try it and see if the static sound will be eliminated.

Looks very good.

will test this usb to mini wire with ferrite filters and see if it will eliminate the static sound .. though i would say that the current noise is tolerableDSC_0542 resize.jpg

What are those big yellow stickers on the rear window of every single car?

Those yellow thing on the glass are conduction stickers given to all new vehicles, it serves as a temporary vehicle plate numbers pending the release of the official car plate/registration. I already have my plate number so i removed that yellow sticker on my Trailblazer.

What kind a connector does the GPS receiver have? Is it something like this... (jack with 3 black lines)

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 17.40.04.png

I have one extra Skylab module and I´m just wondering if it would go with G90.

image.jpg

You may compare it with the gps on this photo, courtesy of Gearbest... Looks like it only has 2 black lines

Last edited:
What are those big yellow stickers on the rear window of every single car?
Those yellow thing on the glass are conduction stickers given to all new vehicles, it serves as a temporary vehicle plate numbers

Good ol Temp Tag. Around my area most people with temp tags seem to drive a little worse then people without them. Must be excited to have a different car or something.

5h0oRJE.jpg

v0iOHYb.jpg

Last edited:
I thought of temp tag but all of them have it there. hmm...

US temp tags are white with very small letters unlike the big letters in Philippines.
Even G90 has hard time reading those behind the rear window.

Back