tamerlano

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Thanks, congratulations to the forum and a greeting to all the members

I am looking for a dashcam with the following features:

Double camcorder, front and rear

Possibly without monitors, Or a small monitor

Indispensable motion detection or parking guard function, possibly saving it automatically without deleting recorded events. I had a vandalous act on my car and wanted to make it to the future ...

That dashcam power is 5 volts.
I was thinking of setting up a power bank for keyboards connected to the power supply so that when the car is running the battery charges, while when the car is off the powerbank powers dashcam and therefore does not disturb the battery of car service

Thank you so far to those who will help me in the search !!

I had similar requirements especially good parking modes so I bought a Thinkware F770 and use this in time lapse parking mode, it has no screen all settings are done via your mobile phone the best bit I like is it talks to you, tells you when it starts recording when it goes into parking mode speed cameras, it's got shed loads of other features it uses no battery to cook and go wrong as it is hard wired and records 24 hours a day, check out some footage/reviews on youtube, the blackvue dr650 is also excellent but for me the F770 was better

Ciao tamerlano, welcome to the forum.

tabetha mention a couple of contenders, but some dual channel cameras struggle with parking guard, and in the heat of Italian summer running any dashcam during the day in a car parked outside might not be possible.
Also for parking guard or really just recording at night you will need some light, at least a street light near by the car.

Event recordings like ones triggered by motion detect, or the G-sensor in the camera always end up so the camera can not delete them if the card get full, you can only delete files like that if you format the card in the dashcamera or delete all the files on the computer.

There are new dual channel cameras on the way from a range of brands, most of witch will have better sensors ( low light ) at least in the front camera.
How good parking guard will work in those cameras are still uncertain.
The optimal parking guard have prebuffered footage, so you will get saved what the cameras have seen some time ( 10 seconds ) before the triggering event.

Not sure if you can use a USB power bank to run a camera and at the same time charge on it when you are driving, most people using power banks for power have several they change in between and then charge them at home.

Ciao tamerlano. Benvenuto

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Use 2 separate dashcams? It could be a solution? Currently what are the most powerful dashcams at night?

Thank you Brian1234! From the features it looks like a very good product, especially the value for money. I saw that the memory card is 64 gb so I can keep in memory at least the last 12 hours of recording. Device power is 5 volts so can also be powered by a power bank. What type of attack do you use? The suckers I want to avoid if possible. I can not find a video on the internal camera network. Do you have any links? Thanks again for the availability!

I have set several up for other people using a portable LIPO battery starter pack, although intended as jump starter packs these are perfect for cameras and if needing a jump start can be simply unplugged and used as such, they can be bought for around £10-£15 from sellers these days, in the family we have three and they are fantastic so useful about the size of two twenty packs of cigarettes. As for temperature Rome for example has a average temp of 26C in July it's hottest month, we in the uk are seeing 35C at the moment has been for weeks, it has actually set a new record for temperature by beating 35.8C in places so heat not a problem for thinkware although lots of others shutting down my thinkware has not had a problem, the newest F800 has different lenses amongst other things and works fantastically better than the previous F770 at night settings. Getting one without battery was a must have for me.

But is the f800 still not on the mark or wrong?

Inviato dal mio VIE-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Forgive my ignorance in the subject but I would like to know if recording is saved or can be overwritten when the motion detection or g sensor is activated when the memory is full?

Generally the cameras record in loops so that older files are overwritten once the card is full. Recordings triggered by motion detection or g sensor are saved with flags that preserve them from overwriting. So you will not lose them

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

So in theory setting the recording to 3 minutes I could save 240 events ?! Is there a video camera where you can set different recording times for motion detection and G-sensor?

I want to ask a little bit of anxiety question: I'm interested in your GS65H product but I've seen that it can only be fixed with the suction cup. This support is not really the best one to put in a car because it does not fit well with the interior of the machines and the impression of a postmanship. Do you in any case think of making a fixed mount adaptable to this model? How many dashcams use the suction cup instead of a dedicated support? Thank you

So in theory setting the recording to 3 minutes I could save 240 events ?! Is there a video camera where you can set different recording times for motion detection and G-sensor?
I know the F770 and I think all other thinkware cams are set at 1 minute recordings, certainly the F770 is and is NOT ADJUSTABLE which I really like anything saved as G sensor or manual record takes up 1 minute only leaving so much more on the card, it is for this reason I like the time lapse taking just 1 frame per second instead of the normal amount of 30 frames per second, it can store 30 times as much recording till it's full, using motion sense time lapse you save even more

But if vandalism happens at an airport parking lot, with 1fps recording, after a tot of days inevitably memory will be overwritten by losing the important moment, which with the G-sensor or motion sensor this does not happen because The instant is saved and not overwritten.

I know the F770 and I think all other thinkware cams are set at 1 minute recordings, certainly the F770 is and is NOT ADJUSTABLE which I really like anything saved as G sensor or manual record takes up 1 minute only leaving so much more on the card, it is for this reason I like the time lapse taking just 1 frame per second instead of the normal amount of 30 frames per second, it can store 30 times as much recording till it's full, using motion sense time lapse you save even more

But at only 1 FPS there's a reasonable chance that you could miss some important detail that would have been caught at 30 FPS.

But if vandalism happens at an airport parking lot, with 1fps recording, after a tot of days inevitably memory will be overwritten by losing the important moment, which with the G-sensor or motion sensor this does not happen because The instant is saved and not overwritten.

Very likely that the power source would be depleted and no recording would take place after an extended period.

This goes to demonstrate that there is no perfect single solution for everybody but, rather, each individual has to make a decision as to what solution works best for their specific application needs.

you will have to be careful with event recordings as the camera cant delete those, so in theory you could fill up the memory card with event recordings and have no memory space for regular recordings whine driving and in the end too also no room for more event recordings.

This issue are one reason as to why i would not use motion detect for parking guard, cuz any number of things passing by could create a event, and if you park a busy place there will be a lot of that kind of events.

Depending on your settings and the background just a dove flying past your car 3-4 Meters from the camera could set off a motion detect event recording.

I have watched loads of cam footage at 1FPS, they would have to be moving at the speed of light not to be seen, just count to 2 see how short a time they have been captured twice, I recently "caught" what my gf thought was a dog poop on lawn, turned out to be a cat VERY easily identified on cam, I watched people driving past, walking past all detail was there even a crisp packet blowing about in the wind was caught, from what I have seen 1fps is plenty enough for identification.

Yeah 1 FPS are actually not silly and will make sure there are room for a hell of a lot footage on that 128 Gb card.
Off course for the hit and run by another car on a parked car 1 FPS might be a little on the low side as 30 FPS will give you a lot more chances for that one good capture.
But for vandals sneaking around, then 1 FPS should be just fine, and to be honest if seem people coming in here most often have experienced vandals and not automotive hit and runs.
And while both are disgusting then the butt-hurt vandal creeping up to do his deed more disgusting that the guy that just cant drive and do the right thing, and the vandal should be a lot easier to capture.

Back