My first mini compilation

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
I attempted to put together a mini compilation from just today. I've uploaded this video twice & for some strange reason I'm not getting HD out of this.m just 144p, 360p or auto. I had this happen on an upload about a year ago from my iPhone and it was incredibly annoying. The one thing I did on the first upload was I closed the lid on my craptop shortly after it said done processing on YouTube. I'm leaving it open now see if it continues to process.

Now on to the video. The first clip was s car that failed to yield for me at a roundabout when I was suppose to have the right away. I will give them a partial pass as they had a large delivery truck in front of them & probably didn't see me. Partial fail as you're not suppose to just look strait ahead. The second clip was at the same exact roundabout a little later in the day. The woman driving had the right away to turn in front of me but she failed to signal. So how the hell am I suppose to know she's going in front of me?!! At least she just didn't pull out in front of me. On the third clip some Ricky Racer was using all of the lanes behind me & passed me at a fast clip. I was already going pretty good myself. I slowed down for him as the gap between the 18 wheeler & I was quickly closing. It was closer than it looked.
On the fourth clip a cyclist crossed in front of a semi truck on a red light. My windows were up so you couldn't really hear the highway horns blaring at the cyclist. That's it for today.

Now on to the video. The first clip was s car that failed to yield for me at a roundabout when I was suppose to have the right away. I will give them a partial pass as they had a large delivery truck in front of them & probably didn't see me. Partial fail as you're not suppose to just look strait ahead.
Perhaps rules over there differ from here, (and the Vienna Convention) but that triangle and the sharks teeth on the road mean that you have to yield.
The second clip was at the same exact roundabout a little later in the day. The woman driving had the right away to turn in front of me but she failed to signal.
Why does she have right of way but the car in clip not?

On the third clip some Ricky Racer was using all of the lanes behind me & passed me at a fast clip. I was already going pretty good myself. I slowed down for him as the gap between the 18 wheeler & I was quickly closing.
Aren't you supposed to keep to the right?

I'm not getting HD out of this.m just 144p, 360p or auto.

In some cases takes time for YT to process and publish to higher resolution playback. Check in few hours again.

I actually know each of those areas :D Dublin, Hayward, Oakland.

The part on the highway where he passed you fast on the highway was where I captured this:

Why does she have right of way but the car in clip not?

From what I understand the through traffic has to yield to the traffic crossing over as the yield signs are pointed toward the main road.

Yes but I am passing and there is an interchange where tapers down to 2 lanes and the 18 wheelers stay in the right lane. Their speed limit is 55mph and cars and passenger trucks are limited to 65mph.

Yes but I am passing and there is an interchange where tapers down to 2 lanes and the 18 wheelers stay in the right lane. Their speed limit is 55mph and cars and passenger trucks are limited to 65mph.

In some cases takes time for YT to process and publish to higher resolution playback. Check in few hours again.
Wow! What an idiot for brake checking the Wrangler and with no ABS!

From what I understand the through traffic has to yield to the traffic crossing over as the yield signs are pointed toward the main road.
Looks like a roundabout to me, and the traffic on that has priority.

If there was space to undertake, there was space to move over to the right.

Looks like a roundabout to me, and the traffic on that has priority.

If there was space to undertake, there was space to move over to the right.

Yeah, the guy was driving like a douche bag. He was actually using several lanes to work traffic from behind me...

yes, that's how it works here too - shark's teeth pointing at you means you have to yield to cross traffic.
So on my first clip is the yield sign facing the wrong way? I think it should be clocked 45 degrees counter clockwise. You can see the same yield sign in the second clip as well pointing in the direction I am coming from.

So on my first clip is the yield sign facing the wrong way? I think it should be clocked 45 degrees counter clockwise. You can see the same yield sign in the second clip as well pointing in the direction I am coming from.
yes, someone probably twisted the sign to mess with people. i've seen them do that to stop signs around here so that they're facing out into the intersection rather than towards drivers who should be stopping. another point is that if the yield sign was intended for the folks already in the rotary, it would have been on your LEFT, and you would have only been able to see the back of it. that's because you're supposed to stop at/before the yield/stop sign when you have one. a yield sign on the other side of the intersection is pretty pointless.

everywhere i've seen a rotary/traffic circle/roundabout in the states, the vehicles already in the rotary have the right of way, except maybe when there's a traffic light controlling entry into the rotary. that one had lights in the circle itself, so it was a really screwy "intersection" to navigate.

Last edited:
yes, someone probably twisted the sign to mess with people. i've seen them do that to stop signs around here so that they're facing out into the intersection rather than towards drivers who should be stopping. everywhere i've seen a rotary/traffic circle/roundabout in the states, the vehicles already in the rotary have the right of way, except when there's a traffic light controlling entry into the rotary. that one had lights in the circle itself, so it was a really screwy "intersection" to navigate.
The main problem with these ones are that people rarely signal to tell you that they'll be turning in front of you.

The main problem with these ones are that people rarely signal to tell you that they'll be turning in front of you.
yes, another reason i hate rotaries. mostly because people don't know how to use them and will stop in the circle to let people in when they shouldn't be stopping... and yes, not signaling.

there was one that confused the hell out of me in cambridge, mass - it was a mini-roundabout with no island in the center... and after i took the correct exit, 20 feet later i found myself in another mini-roundabout. not only was it night time and an unfamiliar area for me (near MIT and Harvard), it wasn't well lit nor was it well-marked. no idea how i got to the right place, but i did.

Yeah, the guy was driving like a douche bag. He was actually using several lanes to work traffic from behind me...

I actually have another video of that exact section of road of someone doing that haha. This is the type of people we deal with in N. Cali.

I actually have another video of that exact section of road of someone doing that haha. This is the type of people we deal with in N. Cali.

Wow that looked close on the wide angle! It must've been super close with the naked eye. Was he going like 90mph? You're doing 64ish & it looked like they passed you while you were standing still :eek:

Back