My first week with a dashcam..

how often do you encounter stupid drivers?

• Daily

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Every 48 hours

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Twice a week

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jesse0403

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Last week I got my first dashcam, so I used it on my way to work. In only one week I already have 9 minutes of footage with stupid and annoying drivers. Is it just me who gets this or?..

(The date and time of the first clips are incorrect, dashcam wasn't set up correctly)

Welcome to the club!
Usually when somebody is mounting a dashcam is starting to drive more carefully, a little slower. You are a little too fast and people are not expecting other cars on the road to be so fast as yours.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Mate seriously?? No wonder you have nearly 10 minutes of bad driver footage, almost all of it is you!! Your driving is shocking, you're such an offensive driver, not at all careful, not at all considerate, and not at all safe.... You're the kind of driver that actually brings out the road rage in the drivers that would otherwise be completely calm

and I drive an Audi!!!

Mate seriously?? No wonder you have nearly 10 minutes of bad driver footage, almost all of it is you!! Your driving is shocking, you're such an offensive driver, not at all careful, not at all considerate, and not at all safe.... You're the kind of driver that actually brings out the road rage in the drivers that would otherwise be completely calm

and I drive an Audi!!!
I also drive an Audi A5..

I also drive an Audi A5..

it really shows!

With all due respect... you're still young, You have some time to educate yourself to drive in a more defensive considerate manner, so you don't do what that 20 year old Russian girl did 2 days ago.

It's SO SO easy to drive the way you do when a car like yours feels so good to drive fast, and turn fast, but when you start to take for granted how good your car is, you forget to realise how truly inexperienced you are. and while you might have excellent brakes, and confidence in your own ability, you have absolutely no control over what someone else might do at the next set of traffic lights, and you could go five more years without a single crash, then one day kill someone who hasn't seen you. One of the main reasons many people don't crash when going through a red traffic light (like you did in your vid) is purely luck.

Unnecessary risks make your blood flow, it's exciting, but could end up killing yourself. If that's something you're not bothered about, you could also kill someone who really doesn't want to die. I was young once, I made some mistakes in my early driving years, and learned from it before hurting anyone.

Please don't just think "That won't happen to me"

Lets just say that i am thankful i dont drive every day, but it do actually happen from time to time that i can take the 1 hour drive to my friends house and home later in the day, and not have anything worth sharing on youtube.
And other days its like the other 5.5 million Danes gang up on me and have a competition about who can drive the most stupid ways near my car.

Hell i even thumbs up to a BMW driver a few days ago, normally that only happen with other brands of cars.
I drive a 1000 ccm 55 / BHP or so mini car, so i cant but drive defensive.

As you can see and will probably also see on your youtube posts, that if you point fingers of other people your own driving better be better than perfect, cuz there are many people out there that think if anyone are allowed to comment on the driving of others its the police and no one else.
That is off course silly but that's sadly where our world are going.

My own driving up until 1998 or so was appalling, borderline insane, and it are a outright wonder of epic proportions that i have never gotten a speeding ticket or crashed any of my cars in the past 32 years since i got my license.

I don't know why but this video was remembering me this video:

It is a joke, the audio is changed.
It is in a strange language, but you can translate all that words you are hearing with something like „F*ck off, motherf*cker!”

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't know why but this video was remembering me this video:

It is a joke, the audio is changed.
It is in a strange language, but you can translate all that words you are hearing with something like „F*ck off, motherf*cker!”

enjoy,
Mtz
Those translated words are heard often in the US

Your dashcam is a double-edged sword which if wielded well is a blessing, but if wielded badly will be a curse :) If your video is ever needed after a crash, the authorities will not only be looking at the crash but also what led up to it and whether your own driving contributed to it in any way :eek: Any attempt to edit the video or to deny them the entire viewing of what you have will land you in boiling hot water legally :(

Nobody is a perfect driver but if your dashcam is going to show you blatantly breaking traffic rules and laws or doing something stupid then you are better off without it :whistle:

Phil

Your dashcam is a double-edged sword which if wielded well is a blessing, but if wielded badly will be a curse :) If your video is ever needed after a crash, the authorities will not only be looking at the crash but also what led up to it and whether your own driving contributed to it in any way :eek: Any attempt to edit the video or to deny them the entire viewing of what you have will land you in boiling hot water legally :(

Nobody is a perfect driver but if your dashcam is going to show you blatantly breaking traffic rules and laws or doing something stupid then you are better off without it :whistle:

Phil
+++1

Voting options are bad. The question should be how many times a day do you meet stupid drivers. I suggest a logarithmic scale of options.

Edit> Much of your driving wasn't too bad, but there was a lot of tailgating and an obvious belief that you have a right to go fast and nobody has a right to slow you down. It doesn't work that way. If someone else is in the overtaking lane and they are actually overtaking, they have no obligation to go at a speed to suit you, other than courtesy. If they are in front of you and in the correct lane, their rights take precedence over yours. Assuming of course they didn't cut into your path which is a very different matter.

Last edited:
Too bad I can't create a poll asking if everyone thinks his second week with dashcam is going to have him crashing into someone or something :eek:

I little earlier i was on a short drive, and about to complain about a guy not keeping right, but then i saw our speed and it was over the 60 km/h limit, and so i cant really complain cuz even if he was in the right hand lane i couldn't overtake him as i would then break the speed limit.
This are the predicament making me feel the keep right law are silly, cuz if all did that and drive the speeds they do, no one can legally overtake them and so turning a 2 lane road into a 1 lane road with a empty open lane for police and emergency vehicles, or those that just dont give a damn about speed limits.
And i am sorry to say i do not feel like taking any considerations towards the people that do not want to play by the same rules like the rest of us, actually i would rather make those kind of people pay for their antisocial behavior.

In my book people can drive where they please on the road, as long as they keep the speed and acceleration up, cuz i do hate people in the left of 2 lanes at a intersection launching like a little old woman driving, people like that should keep right for sure.

I have now watched the video and it look like everyone else drive really slow, but i dont think that's the case in Holland either.

Last edited:
Last week I got my first dashcam, so I used it on my way to work. In only one week I already have 9 minutes of footage with stupid and annoying drivers. Is it just me who gets this or?..

(The date and time of the first clips are incorrect, dashcam wasn't set up correctly)

You're driving faster then anyone else on the road, any one can see that you are speeding and NOT by a little bit, not 1 vehicle passed you, you go around other drivers and then cut them off back into the original lane you were in. That woman pedestrian was hardly through the pedestrian walk before you came speeding trough the intersection. You were crossing multiple lanes in traffic (speeding) probably because you were preoccupied and not in the lane you wanted to be in cause you didn't think ahead!!
You set a record for everything I absolutely hate about STUPID drivers! It is just a matter of time before you cause a very bad accident, kill someone, are probably both!

I'm sure you won't like what I've had to say! Try stopping by your local police station and ask their opinion.
No patience, no courtesy, speeder, multiple lane changer, charging up on the rear of vehicles, complete idiot!

You are a complete insult to the way practically all, if not all the people, that come to this website wanting to learn about dash cameras because of idiots, like you!

Back