My fix for the A119 V3's rattling issue

Gsonz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V3
Hello everyone

I noticed rattling sounds in the videos recorded by my A119 V3. The rattling was audible when driving over uneven terrain and when driving at higher speeds in general.
I found out that the cam still has some room to when attached to the GPS module which explains the noises. To fix this, I put some felt pads on the cam as you can see in the picture. Now the camera is fitting tighter and noises are also prevented by the soft felt pads. I often read about the buttons causing the rattling sounds, however I couldn't confirm that. The buttons aren't making any noise at all.

I hope this info is useful for somebody. Have a great day!

20230314_160843.jpg

The A119V3 comes with EVA foam pads for this very reason. Did you check your A119V3 box for these pads?

The rattle in newer units is because the buttons are not as tight a fit and it's the buttons that rattle.

I fixed mine here (fix with pictures) :

As above though, you do need to cushion the unit to mount with the EVA pad, that is no longer supplied ....... @viofo ..... Why ?

The A119V3 comes with EVA foam pads for this very reason
Yeah, those are the pads that I used. The manual doesn't mention those pads so I ignored them for some time not knowing what they are existing for. But now I know, thanks.

The rattle in newer units is because the buttons are not as tight a fit and it's the buttons that rattle.
Okay, seems like I have an older unit without that problem. I bought it about 3 months ago. Sad to hear though that the build quality got worse.

I fixed mine here (fix with pictures) :

As above though, you do need to cushion the unit to mount with the EVA pad, that is no longer supplied ....... @viofo ..... Why ?
They are supplied with the V3 (though they may have stopped for awhile, then started including them again).

A droplet of some form of thick glue will also work ( once it have hardened ) That will also fill the gap and remove the rattle.
Silicon for sealing things will also work, though here you probably need to smear it out a little for a thinner coat VS a "blob " of it

Back