My full review on the DR650GW-2CH

Its probably covered somewhere here but I have a couple questions.
1--Can the GPS be disabled so the data is not recorded?
2--Am I correct that the microphone can be disabled so the interior of the vehicle is not recorded?

I'm really attracted to this camera system because of the form factor and because the BlackVue software seems very complete, but I do not want a camera system that records GPS data, specifically the speed of the vehicle, just in case I am accidentally speeding I don't want that data used against me. Consequently I want to be sure the GPS can be disabled.

BTW does the 650GW use an internal capacitor or is there an internal battery?

yes the audio can be disabled so its nto recording. you can set it to not record audio by default.

you cant actually turn the gps off, you CAN turn the speed display off though. and you could easily get rid off any gps data by converting it in video software. i have mine set to not display speed just for the same reason as you, i dont speed much anyways, so little differences in speed I would argue is not precise in determining with video.

it uses a capacitor. it also will shut off if it gets too hot, ive had that happen several times with my 550 in the rear window because nothing is blocking it currently from the sun, it is directly in the sunlight so when i go to work and park for 8-12 hours it can get too hot. i have been meaning to use something to block the sunlight though.

Hi there .
Do you have any idea on the below issue? :

On March 18 I've recieved my BlackVue DR650GW-2CH cam from amazon.de.
I've easily installed into my car (mazda 5) and It ran smoothly as it tis supposed to run for 2 days.
On Saturday (yesterday)after 2 days use the GPS just does not lock anymore.
At startup the blue led lights up near the red but at the moment when the device starts recording the blue led turns off and no GPS reception.

Naturally there is no speed unit displayed on the live video stream and on the recorded videos at replay on my pc there is no gps data and of course the map is useless without it.
Ive tried to re-configure the cam thru the android app trying a dzillion combination of settings...no luck.
I formatted the microSD card 2 times and copied back the latest ENG - FW also no luck (and even the german 1.003) - still...no GPS
The upgrade goes thru its procedures, the cam restarts and starts recording but the gps led just disappear and wont come back. Today I had a relatively long drive with the car (2 times ca 3 hours continuously - again NO GPS) I ran out of ideas.
Before I send it back to amazon.de for warranty procedures may be you have some thoughts on this.
Thanx in advance for any idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back