My HDC300 Dash Cam

Ray Wilkinson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought and had fitted an HDC300 Dash Cam and also a Rearview Camera, they both keep switching off after about 5 seconds when starting my engine.
I took the front Dash Cam back to Halfords and they gave me a new SD Card which worked for about 2 weeks until Card was pretty full, but now it is also switching off and not recording.
Has anyone else had this problem and managed to resolve it?

I have recently bought and had fitted an HDC300 Dash Cam and also a Rearview Camera, they both keep switching off after about 5 seconds when starting my engine.
I took the front Dash Cam back to Halfords and they gave me a new SD Card which worked for about 2 weeks until Card was pretty full, but now it is also switching off and not recording.
Has anyone else had this problem and managed to resolve it?

Yes it also happens on my HDC300. Makes the dashcam effectively useless. Has anyone got a firmware update that fixes this?

Cheers Nosniky

I got a firmware update from support@myhdchelp.com that seems to fix this issue. I installed the update and it worked on a newly formatted sd card. (But then so did older firmware). I replaced new sd card with an sd card that was full and previously caused the switching off and the hdc300 no longer does this. So far ok but need long term test to be sure.

Also fixes reversed rear cam image.

Cheers Nosniky

Back